My baby Blue tc35d is home

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #1  

gmason

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC35D4
My tc35d arrived yesterday. A funny story here too. I was coming home from work to meet the delivery and about 2 miles from home I came up on this truck with a beautiful blue tractor on it. Yes it was mine! I got to follow it home for 2 miles. Perfect timing don't ya'll think.
Got it off the truck and no smoking(like a earlier thread) Full of fuel, grease fittings all lubed-up, a little dirt from sitting outside. I washed and waxed her up. Read the OM last night. Pretty straight forward. Invited a fwe neighbors over to show them the new baby and the proud father. Let one man take it for a spin. Played with the cool speed shifting switch.
One thing though, as the tractor was going away, the sound of the smooth running motor faded, but the whine from the hydro hardly faded at all, especially in the faster gear. I guess this is normal? Just a breakin stage?
I made some room in the garage infront of my truck for it and it just barely fits. The ROPS actually just touches the garage door bottom, I might have to adjust the opener to open it just a touch further.
I went out after dark last night and tested out the headlights. Pretty good, but with the loader I'm pretty sure I'm going to add some ROPS mounted halogen lights. Is there a thread on doing this on the TC's?

The NH 0% financing for 12 months certinally looks like a great deal. I took advantage of it.
/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
gary

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #2  
gmason,
Congratulations on your new addition, I'll bet you'll have fun learning the ins and outs of the loader and everything else. Did you buy locally?

18-32934-tractorsig2.JPG

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #3  
gmason,
May you have many hours of pleasure w/your new NH.

I guess you'll be outside playing..oops..working your NH than giving us up date or pictures. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Enjoy and stay safe.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home
Too busy on other projects to play with my new Blue baby.
Yes I ended up getting it from a local dealer. 1) they had it in stock and with the 16la already installed(they had it for a local farm show) 2) price was $16,800 out the door 3) got the 50hr check/fluid change free and pick-up and delivered.

Peter/All thanks. But Peter, if I wanted to just put the lights on the same switch of the headlights, can I just connect to one of the wires already there, or do I need a new fuse?
I plan on mounting mine inside/under the ROPS. I don't think my head would get in the way. BTW, on the TC25/33's the rear flashers lights are on a break-loose. So if you hit/push them good they snap/spring then snap/swing back. But the TC35/40 didn't?? what's-up with that??
I almost had the dealer throw that in too, ie. take the tail lights off one of the tc33's and put them on mine.
Maybe one day I'll wish I had.
gary

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #6  
Congratulations! You just bought the best looking compact diesel around. I have a 40D. About the whine, mine is pretty noticeable also. I even went back to the dealer and drove another one just to make sure I hadn't gotten a lemon. That one did the same also. I posted last week inquiring if anyone has switched to the NH 200 hydro fluid or to a synthetic to see if that would help, but no heplful replies yet.

On your lights. There's plenty of posts on adding them. I bought the NH bracket (the $17 not $50-70 one) but had to make some modifications to it to attach it to the ROPS near the flasher. You'll probably read about others who went all out and mounted driving lights to the inside of the ROPS at the top. I didn't need so much light so the dealer supplied light, $25, worked fine. This rear light is a good deal since the farm stores around here sell the same one, without the pushbutton switch, for the same price. The wires for it are tucked under the gray plastic shift console, attached to the right fender. The NH light even comes with the crimp lugs.

The 25/33 lights don't have the red running light. These tractors use a separate larger red light mounted in the fender. Actually I like this set-up better because you get the breakaway flashers and a larger red running lamp. Anyway, if you switch you'd have to add the red fender lamps.

Enjoy your baby.

Thanks djradz,
Keep me posted on the hyrdo whinning issue please.
I ordered some nice looking slim profile 55watt flood lights from JCWHITNEY last night for 29.99 with a rocker switch. I guess I'll have to did into the wiring diagrams in the back of the OM. I like the look of attaching them to the underside of the top of the ROPS.
But the regular headlights really do a good job until the loader gets in the way.
gary

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #8  
The wiring diagrams take a little to get used to but once you've figured out the symbology, they are pretty useful. Everything starts up front, goes through the main 40 amp fuse, and fans out from there. The numbers in the boxes are references for wires that go between the sheets of the manual. A few people have talked about using the spare rocker switch plugged holes in the dash for extra switches, but I haven't looked into this. Good luck.

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #9  
gmason,
Did you get your tractor brand new? If so that's a very good price! Heck, it's great even slightly used.
18-32934-tractorsig2.JPG

grantMO, yes it's brand new just .9hrs.
It's a beautiful tractor and really great options
gary