My baby Blue tc35d is home

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home
djradz, I'm sitting here looking at the diagrams and trying to make out some of the abreviations and codes folloing some of the lines/wires.
I figured out some of the codes for the color of the wire
R-red
DB-dark blue
B-black
W-white
BK-??
T-??
O-orange??
V-??
I'm no EE so this is somewhat confusing without a better diagram key. Any help ya'll??
Is there a web site to make since out of all these DC objects.
Like what is this
__
|_____|
| |
|__

It looks like a capital T with droopy ears, and has something to do with a switch. Or what does it maen when there are dotted lines around an object? What are the square boxes with single letters in them, like M,N,E,T , there not unique like there identifiers to a certain link but they all terminate at that box??
thanks
gary

I added a new item to the NH lights topic today, and started on about the 16la bucket.

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #12  
Great symbols gmason. I don't have my book with me so I'll write you back early next week. I don't know of any website, but I think I'll be able to explain all the symbols to you anyway, For now, the colors are:
R-red
DB-dark blue
B-(black) nope it's BLUE
W-white
BK-(??) BLACK
T-(??) TURQUIOSE
O-orange?? YES
V-(??) VIOLET

Also, you'll note that the ends of many of the wires, when you look on the tractor, are also numbered. Look at the alternator connector wires as an example. I was really impressed as even the auto manufacturers don't go to that extreme. The M,N,E,T are devices on the tractor. Like a sensor, transducer, switch or light. I'll give you the key, as best as I know, when I bring in my book next week. Happy electricalling till then. ....Duane

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #13  
That whine you hear is inherent in many hydrostatic drive units. A John Deere front deck mower I use occasionally has a lot of it. By far the quietest and to this date the best designed one I have tried is the one on Kubota L4610. Not only is it quieter then any other I've tried, but surely the smoothest and easiest to press regardless of load. By the time I get to a new tractor, maybe the New Hollands will have caught up and I will consider one. I like many things about the new New Hollands, the hydrostatic drive is not one of them. Rat...

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #14  
I don't know if I'm lucky or what, but my Boomer HST is not loud at all. The engine is certainly louder than the HST. Plus the pedal effort is super smooth. I like the twin pedal set up. My only problems have been a loud whine sound that seems to have been fixed (after I lubed the front driveshaft area) and a pedal that sticks down when cold (since then fixed by higher return spring tension). The pedal effort is still quite light in my opinion. No HST complaints from this Boomer pilot.

Peter

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #16  
OK, here's the lowdown:

The symbol you referred to as a T with dog-ears is NH's version of the ground symbol. NH, like automotive manufacturers use such a connection to the tractor frame to complete the circuit, rather than running another wire back to the battery. Since the negative side of the battery is also tied to the frame, this completes the circuit.

The other main thing you need to understand is the connection of wires from one page of the wiring diagrams to the next. If you note in the lower-left corner of each page is a "Frame #". This designation is used throughout the diagrams. On every page (frame) there are references in a box such as FR.3, D. This means this wire (HM-31-BK-18), which is on page, Frame-1, connects to a similar point on Frame-3, point D. If you look on Frame 3 you'll find a similar box with a FR1, D, label.

My suggestion is, if you want to understand the electrical system completely, start on Frame 1, where the battery, G-01, the alternator G-2, and the other main system components like the starter, main fuse, and other parts are located. Then branch out from there. Note the wire designations, which carry on from page to page. These are further explained on Frame-8. (Just a note, I see I gave you the wrong color code for T, as it actually stands for TAN). Good luck with your new toy, er ah, essential piece of equipment. If you have further questions, I'll do my best.

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home #17  
I am interested in the 35d and would like to store it in my gaurage. Do you have the fold ROP and if so will it fit under a 6'6" door?

/ My baby Blue tc35d is home
shakieg, this is a great question, and my answer is even better. With the ROPS up my tc35d with r4s is within 1/2" from the door bottom. Unfortunatly, the wrong side of the 1/2" /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif . I have a door opener on this garage door so it's more rigid, but I can nudge the door up the extra 3/4" to get my ROPS under the door. I noticed yesterday that there's another bolt hole on the bracket where the opener attaches to the door that might open it just the amount I need. Don't know if this would have any affect on the normal operation of the door. We'll see....
Sorry but I don't have the height of the door right now, but I'll take a looksee tonight.
gary