My Dealership Visits with Pricing

/ My Dealership Visits with Pricing #1  

polarred21

Gold Member
Tractor
Contemplating
I will update as I get price quotes from the dealers and let me know what ya think. I have Kubota, NH, MF, and 2 JD dealers near by. These prices are out the door. Can you haggle these prices same as a car dealer? Has anyone gotten different quotes from like mfg dealers?

Today was Kubota:
BX2370 with LA243 FEL w/ 48" bucket; 60" MMM, turf tires; fluid fill rear tires.
Financed Price 0% x 60 mo. $15.943
Cash price $15,042

BX25D with FEL and backhoe standard; 12" hoe bucket; 3 point hitch kit; 60" MMM; grill guard standard; R4 tires.
Financed Price 0% x 60 mo. $21,066
Cash price $20,375

I was disappointed at how much more a backhoe unit cost- $5k more dollars, hard to justify.

Last edited:
   / My Dealership Visits with Pricing #2  
The price can indeed be haggled. To find a benchmark, "build it" on Kubota.com and deduct 10%. Anything you get that approaches or beats that is considered an excellent deal.

Your price on the BX2370 is very good.

/ My Dealership Visits with Pricing #3  
I got a similar quote on a BX2370 this past July.

/ My Dealership Visits with Pricing #4  
<snip>
I was disappointed at how much more a backhoe unit cost- $5k more dollars, hard to justify.

Before I bought my B7610 I wanted a BACKHOE on whatever tractor I bought. It made little sense, I could rent a min-ex for about 4 months for what I paid for my BH. I've probably only put 40 hours on it since 2009.

But I WANTED it. Those 40 hours have been some of the most fun I've had on the tractor. And as I finally get to the point of moving my equipment down to my retirement area I know I'll be making a lot more use of it.

If you REALLY want a backhoe I'd suggest you look at a bigger tractor. But check out what it would cost if you rented a mini-ex instead and put the $5K into things like other attachments.

/ My Dealership Visits with Pricing #5  
Hello,I was in your boat a few years back,and l was like Newbury as well.I procured a woods 7500 back hoe for my tym 450.It was expensive,but when I needed it-it was priceless.Lost a horse (Fair Shake),and large dog(Schultze),due to old age.I would suggest you look for a used one,I've seen them pretty cheap,and your able to take them off like other implements,( it is a bit of a chore ).Hope I've been helpfull,Rob

/ My Dealership Visits with Pricing #6  
Everyone's situation is a bit different. My brother and dad bought a well used backhoe when we were building our houses and doing site prep, used the heck out of it for while, but now we just rent a mini excavator every two or three years. It is cheaper than buying a bh at least for us.

/ My Dealership Visits with Pricing
NOTE: I changed / increased my quotes in the first post after e-mail confirmation for "out the door" price, I was mistaken.

Yes the backhoe is clearly a want, and a lot hinges on what our future property plans are which is undecided. Right now there is no way I can justify that cost. Heck I can probably buy an old used BH complete for that money!

/ My Dealership Visits with Pricing #8  
Thanks for the post polarred21, I'll be looking here before too long and it looks like we'll be buying a similar tractor; so I'll be following your search closely.

/ My Dealership Visits with Pricing #9  
I considered this when first searching for a tractor... After a lot of thought, I decided against it. Around here, you can buy a Mini Excavator for 8-10k in pretty decent shape. Yeah, it will be used but it'll do a whole lot more than a tractor attached version. If you've got the space, I'd rather have a separate machine. Just my 2 cents.

/ My Dealership Visits with Pricing #10  
. . . Heck I can probably buy an old used BH complete for that money!

Maybe. But then you have to add in the cost of the repairs and maintenance an old used BH will require versus a new or gently used backhoe attachment for a tractor. Old backhoes that you can buy for $5k will be pretty much used up, and I would expect them to be a money pit.