My experience with the 50 hour service.

/ My experience with the 50 hour service. #21  
Ohh, it's not.....
When it was time for the first 50 hour, those filters were just as others described.... put on by a gorilla sized torque wrench, then painted.
I have a very nice pair of the oil filter channel locks. Couldn't budge them.....then I remembered about cutting the paint around the edge of the filter.
Guess what? either I got very, very strong, or cutting the paint works. I was able to unscrew them with two hands....
Absolutely amazing.....you probably loosened them with the wrenches and the paint removal was just a side note......but you were there, you did it and who am I to doubt you....nobody.

/ My experience with the 50 hour service. #22  
Absolutely amazing.....you probably loosened them with the wrenches and the paint removal was just a side note......but you were there, you did it and who am I to doubt you....nobody.
Yes, you are probably correct about 'breaking free' prior to cutting the paint. The old factory filters did have a really thick layer of paint.... like it all ran down and got dried around the filter seal area. Just very coincidental I guess......

/ My experience with the 50 hour service. #23  
As a last ditch effort to get a better price when purchasing my Kubota I asked the sales manager to throw in the 50 hour service & transportation at no charge. He thought a moment and then asked me “is that model filters only or filters and hydraulic fluids?” I had done my homework and replied “just filters”. He agreed and made note of it on the handwritten sales order at my request. At 50-ish hours I called for them to fetch the tractor. They dropped it off a week later and left a $416 invoice in the seat. Uh oh. Thankfully it was an honest mistake/memory lapse as no one had requested that before, but the handwritten note with his signature cleared it right up. I expect I got a very thorough service based on the many line items on that invoice. :) $72 for transport listed, not bad for a 20 mile round trip x 2.

/ My experience with the 50 hour service. #24  
A dry filter gasket is difficult to get off. One that has the gasket coated with grease is all but impossible to remove. I had my own garage for 20 plus years and ran into a lot of vehicles that were previously serviced by a "mechanic" that put grease on the filter gasket.