Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures.

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures.

There are using a feed blade here, I’ll be using a pull blade with a floating bullet pulling in 2” conduit off the reel.

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures. #13  
That critter looks similar to a stump grinder:unsure:

willy

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures. #14  
How well does the vibratory plow work in larger rocky soil or hard pan? I am sure much better that straight pull type knife.

How well does the vibratory plow work in larger rocky soil or hard pan? I am sure much better that straight pull type knife.
It won’t even move at 38” deep without the vibrator. I can’t remember the ft lbs of my big plows shakerbox but it’s crazy. At full shake houses a few hundred feet away complain about plates and windows shaking.

The longest pull I’ve done of 2” conduit was 1600ft before the pipe broke. It opens up a 3-4.5” tube underground depending on which bullet I’m pulling(based off the ground).

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures. #16  
I have a Ditch Witch RT40 with a plow, trencher, backhoe, and 6 way front blade. I use it to install irrigation on athletic fields. I've had it about 5 years and I've put about 200 hours on it.

The biggest pipe I pull is 2". It really makes a much nicer job compared to opening a trench, especially on an existing field. We've done 2 fields already this year. Last week, I pulled all the pipe for a soccer field in one day.

I think I paid $14,000 for it. And I've spent probably $6000 in repairs. It's a 2004 year model, so it's 20 years old, but only has 1000 hours on it.

I have a Ditch Witch RT40 with a plow, trencher, backhoe, and 6 way front blade. I use it to install irrigation on athletic fields. I've had it about 5 years and I've put about 200 hours on it.

The biggest pipe I pull is 2". It really makes a much nicer job compared to opening a trench, especially on an existing field. We've done 2 fields already this year. Last week, I pulled all the pipe for a soccer field in one day.

I think I paid $14,000 for it. And I've spent probably $6000 in repairs. It's a 2004 year model, so it's 20 years old, but only has 1000 hours on it.
Nice. In the last two years I put about 250k ft of 2” in the ground for fiber tv/cable/phone. That was very open and rural the 80hp plow was awesome. I was about to buy a small dozer plow right before the cable company starting taking bids on each 20mile node instead of one company doing the whole city. The price per ft went to crap fast. lol. So glad I didn’t get that. Now I’m on a more suburban project(super price per ft, but more drilling ) it’s only 18” deep instead of 38” and nice lawns instead of the edge of a backroad or field. The tracks really help in not tearing up lawns.

For the last year I plowed with the 6ton excavator strapped to it and both machines pulling. Man that combo put it in fast with grass damage.

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures. #18  
Not a tractor, but I once bought a rather rare Donzi boat off ebay in New Hampshire and had it shipped to Maryland to my brother's place so I could pick it up and bring it back to Oregon. This was an incredibly stupid idea. I got it to Oregon, and then saw all that was actually wrong with it. Sold it to a BC Canadian, at a bit of a loss. But this boat, ended up on two sides of the continent. The person I sold it too also suffered a loss. And the person that bought it off him, restored it, to like new and is very happy. Restoration is a very strange area.

I really like the rt40 @ 2ft deep or less. How deep do you for irrigation?

Not a tractor, but I once bought a rather rare Donzi boat off ebay in New Hampshire and had it shipped to Maryland to my brother's place so I could pick it up and bring it back to Oregon. This was an incredibly stupid idea. I got it to Oregon, and then saw all that was actually wrong with it. Sold it to a BC Canadian, at a bit of a loss. But this boat, ended up on two sides of the continent. The person I sold it too also suffered a loss. And the person that bought it off him, restored it, to like new and is very happy. Restoration is a very strange area.
The directional drill I bought in person from a “friend” has been my worst purchase recently. I eventually got it right and it still ended up being an ok deal but let me down a few time till all the demons were work out.

The machines I’ve bought without seeing in person have been from dealers not individuals.