Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures.

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures. #21  
I really like the rt40 @ 2ft deep or less. How deep do you for irrigation?
I try to stay between 12" and 18". Last week, I hit some really hard ground and it wanted to come up out of the ground. It lifted my machine. I had to slow my forward speed to almost zero. That can be really rough on the vibrator. When that happened, it developed an oil leak. I haven't had time to look at it yet.

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures.
I try to stay between 12" and 18". Last week, I hit some really hard ground and it wanted to come up out of the ground. It lifted my machine. I had to slow my forward speed to almost zero. That can be really rough on the vibrator. When that happened, it developed an oil leak. I haven't had time to look at it yet.

With 650 the machine wouldn’t lift but the blade would ride up if I went to fast when pulling with the excavator. I welded some extra toe onto the tip and it stays down tight now matter how fast we go.

I rented a wheeled ptx44 I didn’t like it not enough traction and it rode up crossing hard packed gravel driveways.

I recently used a tracked ptx44 and it was a totally different machine. The tracks add 3000lbs and the traction is crazy and most of the time you can’t even tell where it’s tracked over the grass.

I haven’t had any problems with the shaker box(yet) but I have replace the lift cylinder, the offset cylinder and the blade steer cylinder. None of them were inexpensive. lol.

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures. #24  
Backhoe 3,100 miles from CA to PA
Large square baler 2,300 miles from Idaho to PA.

Had a tough day while waiting on the plow. I’ve just been drilling everything which suck. Pulling double 2” back after a perfect long drill, one pipe broke and the other slipped out. Went from being done at 11am nice and easy to 4pm wtf just happened. lol.

Still getting used to this cobblestone ground. I just know clay and sand.

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures. #26  
I drove almost 600 miles one way to get a walk behind mower one time... I wish I had that day back. It wasn't even that great of a mower...

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures. #27  
I rented a truck and trailer and drove 3hrs there and three hours back to pick up my L4740 CAB. in feb 2019, Got lucky with the weather. not too much grime sprayed all over the tractor. I paid pre covid price for a used tractor and I could probably sell it now for more than what it would have cost me to by a new one in 2019. Best purchase ever.

This thing should finally be here on Monday, hopefully sooner.

I’ve been plowing in cobble rock soil and it actually plows easier than hard clay back home. I had to cut the extra toe off the front of the plow tip because it was pulling down too tight trying to suck the pads in to. Every once in a while it pulls up a basketball sized rock and that is kinda annoying to clean up.

Horizontal drilling in the cobble rock is a different story. Crap it’s hard on the machine, drill rods thumping and bumping all over the place. 400 or 500 hundred feet puts more wear on the rods and drill head than 5000 in sand or clay!

/ Plowing in conduit/pipe/duct pictures. #29  
How well does the vibratory plow work in larger rocky soil or hard pan? I am sure much better that straight pull type knife.
Local Telephone company has used vibratory plows around here for years. Local prairies are glacial moraine that are about an inch of top soil covering boulders with a little bit of sand between them. They leave a lot boulders on the surface that need to be cleaned up.
Recently I have seen them using directional drilling instead.

IMG_9277.jpeg
IMG_9278.jpeg

The rocks don’t slow the plow down but they do add restoration time. If I don’t pull rocks out of the ground you can’t even tell I’ve been there.

So far digging and plowing through rocks is much easier than hard clay in the summer.