My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch.

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #11  
If you use a straight ball adapter it's very limited use when on top .
If you make a ball hitch in the shape of a L so the top of the ball is facing you while seated you have great visibility and can pick up a trailer even if it's on the ground.
Need pictures, are you talking about a clamp on?

I have a Speeco UltraFork that fits on the 3 point hitch or the front SSQA.
Speeco Ultra Fork.jpgP5240033.JPG P5240038.JPG P5240039.JPG P1060004.JPG

I added a receiver hitch and use it on the front for moving trailers.

P1060021.JPG P1060019.JPG

Works gooder-un! :D :thumbsup:

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #12  
After hearing all the raving about adding a receiver to the top of a bucket, I went and did it when I got my new tractor. Adding the chain hooks were a given for me, but I added the receiver based on all the positive reviews on TBN. Franky, I don't get it. It is set way too high to use with a common bumper pull trailer. I am using the biggest drop I have which is like 4-6" and it isn't even close. Now if you are moving a gooseneck, I can see that it should help more, but I find it a real PITA with my 16' bumper pull type. You are either dragging the bucket or jack foot in the ground, or digging in the rear of the trailer if you lift too far. One of these days I will get a 12" drop or something to give me some chance of making it useful at all, but then you can't see the ball to hitch up as it will be hidden in the bucket...

I don't see much real utility for this item so far. If I want to lift something, I use the chain hooks anyways, so no need for a hook in the receiver for that. And using it to move a trailer is weak, as noted above. I just don't get it...

thats exactly why i didnt do that. i made this instead. works great on all bumper pulls and i can see the ball from the cab.
I drilled a simple hole thru bucket and the unit hooks on or removes in 20 seconds when needed.

plate 4.jpgplate 5.jpgplate 6.jpg0328111040a.jpg0328111041.jpg0329111630.jpg0317111122.jpg0317111123.jpg0317111123a.jpg

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #13  
Here's my setup. I made this for easy hookup and removal, and to get the hitch in front of the bucket for visibility.

Attachments

• Hitch 7.jpg
    Hitch 7.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Hitch 1.jpg
    Hitch 1.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Hitch 2.jpg
    Hitch 2.jpg
    737.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Hitch 3.jpg
    Hitch 3.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 177
  • Hitch 4.jpg
    Hitch 4.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 199
  • Hitch 5.jpg
    Hitch 5.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Hitch 6.jpg
    Hitch 6.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 179
   / My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #14  
Here's my setup. I made this for easy hookup and removal, and to get the hitch in front of the bucket for visibility.

Very nice Pete. I think I'll try to make something similar when I'm able. Thanks for sharing.

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #15  
The best tjingI ever mounted in my tractor bucket is a reciever hitch. I use it for my homemade brush forks, mt 10000 lb. dump trailer, my 3 way hitch ball for a capstan to pull wood etc.. Bolted to the inside of my bucket blade it will not interfere with loading or backbladeing. Mine is on a CK30, and it has no problem moving anything. icandigit

I did the same thing. I use a pintle hitch in it to move my mortar mixer around and a small trailer that I built. I also adapted a boom pole for the hitch and can have it on and off in about 2 minutes. I have a brush grubber that works off of it also. Very happy that I put it on the bucket.

Jeff

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #16  
I have a brush grubber that works off of it also. Very happy that I put it on the bucket.

Jeff,

any chance you have a pic of what you did (or just a description of how you operate) for the grubber? I just picked one up and have been pondering a way to work it from the seat...the obvious being opening and clamping the jaws without doing it by hand...

Thanks in advance- Mike

(and an apology to the OP for the small hijack while I wait on pics :D ) MB

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #17  
Jeff,

any chance you have a pic of what you did (or just a description of how you operate) for the grubber? I just picked one up and have been pondering a way to work it from the seat...the obvious being opening and clamping the jaws without doing it by hand...

Thanks in advance- Mike

(and an apology to the OP for the small hijack while I wait on pics :D ) MB

Maybe I used the wrong term. What I made has 3 teeth that hooks on the front lip of the bucket and the hitch on top. I then can either get into the roots or the trunk and pop the brush out of the ground. I'll try to get some pics later.

Jeff

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #18  
Maybe I used the wrong term. What I made has 3 teeth that hooks on the front lip of the bucket and the hitch on top. I then can either get into the roots or the trunk and pop the brush out of the ground. I'll try to get some pics later.

Jeff

No... I'm sure it's the right term. What I have is actually a product name BrushGrubber | Brush Grubber Products they make a fixed extension, I'm just unclear on how it operates from the seat...

The one they sell looks spindly to me http://brushgrubber.com/bg-01HA-original-brush-grubber-hitch.html , and is 50 bucks before tax or shipping. I was hoping you had worked out something more substantial, attached to the bucket ;)

Mike

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #19  
No... I'm sure it's the right term. What I have is actually a product name BrushGrubber | Brush Grubber Products they make a fixed extension, I'm just unclear on how it operates from the seat...

The one they sell looks spindly to me BrushGrubber | Original Brush Grubber Hitch Attachment , and is 50 bucks before tax or shipping. I was hoping you had worked out something more substantial, attached to the bucket ;)

Mike

I think that this is what 71bronco might be talking about. It's called the "Bucket Grubber" on their website.

I talked the Brush Grubber folks on the phone awhile back about that product. They generally recommend it for a Bobcat/skidsteer rather than a tractor. The Bobcat can "twist" that thing around the trunk pretty easily while a tractor is going to take a lot more finesse.

On a related note - If you're looking for a hand tool to take out brush, check out the Extractigator. I spent a ton of time researching what would be best for pulling honeysuckle around my place and settled on this. I found a website where a couple different people had owned similar devices from 3 different companies (weedwrench, brushgrubber, extractigator) and they agreed that the Extractigator was the way to go. I've been pretty happy with it.

OK, I'm done hijacking this thread. :)

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #20  
I think that this is what 71bronco might be talking about. It's called the "Bucket Grubber" on their website.

I talked the Brush Grubber folks on the phone awhile back about that product. They generally recommend it for a Bobcat/skidsteer rather than a tractor. The Bobcat can "twist" that thing around the trunk pretty easily while a tractor is going to take a lot more finesse.

On a related note - If you're looking for a hand tool to take out brush, check out the Extractigator. I spent a ton of time researching what would be best for pulling honeysuckle around my place and settled on this. I found a website where a couple different people had owned similar devices from 3 different companies (weedwrench, brushgrubber, extractigator) and they agreed that the Extractigator was the way to go. I've been pretty happy with it.

OK, I'm done hijacking this thread. :)

I guess I didn't descibe it too well.Here's some pics along with my boom attachment.IMG_1007.jpgIMG_1008.jpgIMG_1009.jpgIMG_1010.jpgIMG_1012.jpgIMG_1013.jpgIMG_1014.jpg

Jeff