My Firewood System

/ My Firewood System #62  
Damm I like your system. Simple and efficient.

/ My Firewood System #63  
The biggest tip I can give you Moss for off-homesite wood gathering is for you not to take it home. Hire that job out to a wood hauler. My guy is perfectly content with $165 I give him to load, take stems to my house and unload. In the pic, he is 19 miles from my wood lot and on a Sunday even! Two of these loads cost me $360 that day for approximately 14 cords of wood. I'd be there a month of Sundays attempting this job completely by myself.
So in this case, you've eliminated 1, 2, and 4 if you split right at the rows and stack as you go. If you could build a containment box in the cellar and dump right into this, you could eliminate 7. Who needs to stack already dried wood. In my case, i simply remove 2 stairs in the bulk head, throw a piece of plywood in there, and just dump my wood into the bulk head and cart the wood into the stove.
All of this handling is what has given pellet stoves a good name.
One last thing: don't think to handle wood without a log hook in one hand. You would not believe how things will speed up as you gain propensity with one and makes it so much easier to get rounds to the splitter

WOW thats a good deal. Around here I wouldn't be able to find anyone to even start a truck like that for that kind of money, let alone actually haul anything with it.