Price Check My first tractor/price help

/ My first tractor/price help #1  

grldcheez

Tractor
none
Looking at a New Holland tc40s. I'm not sure what year it is or how to figure it out. i have a pic of the tag.tractor#g514196,engine12460,transmission 3m25541,model tc40s,unitd22d. tractor has 1100 hours on it. comes with bush hog, smooth bucket that opens, fork lift, grader box, snow plow, bucket with teeth.any ideas of what this would be worth? How much would this tractor cost new? thanks in advance. i think they are asking $21,000

/ My first tractor/price help
Thanks for the reply. My friend is selling the tractor for his girlfriend who's father past away a little over a year ago,and it was his tractor. they have to move and need to sale. what would you think a good price would be?

/ My first tractor/price help #5  
Thanks for the reply. My friend is selling the tractor for his girlfriend who's father past away a little over a year ago,and it was his tractor. they have to move and need to sale. what would you think a good price would be?
I'm not qualified to quote you a price on a New Holland. I have only bought two tractors in my life and one of them was new. And of course I wouldn't buy it at all because it "ain't Green":eek:
Id compare it to the JD 870 here. Similar hours, then throw in a factor for barn kept condition and say a couple of grand for the extra attachments.
Very Nice John Deere 870 4 x 4 Loader Tractor Only 811 Hours | eBay

/ My first tractor/price help #7  
check out that model on tractorhouse.com and see what the asking prices are for them there. Keep in mind those are only asking prices and the actually selling price may, and probably will be, less.

/ My first tractor/price help #8  
You're going to need to do a little more digging to get a reasonable estimate. I don't believe there was a TC40S model. There was a TC40/TC40D from 2001 to 2003 and then a TC40A/TC40DA from 2003 to 2008 (the D stood for deluxe in both versions).

What transmission does it have? It will either be a shuttle shift, which will have a clutch pedal on the left and two brake pedals on the right, or a hydrostatic transmission with two brake pedals on the left, and two pedals on the right (one for forwards, and one for backwards).

Regardless which version, they are good machines that were made by Shibaura, and pretty highly regarded. A new equivalent would start around $22-23K if you went with an LS (who makes New Hollands current equivalent to the TC40).

/ My first tractor/price help
IMG_1219.jpg tag on tractor says tc40s heres a few pics