My (hopefully) Modern Shop Build

/ My (hopefully) Modern Shop Build #51  
I am super intrigued if a mini split can manage my building without killing my checking account in terms of operational costs. Thoughts?

I have a Mitsubishi mini split in our home-as far as I can tell the added electrical load has been less than $10/month for the most part of course it will depend on your per kwh cost- out here they are pretty low. I know it’ll cost me much less from a heating perspective when compared to propane.

/ My (hopefully) Modern Shop Build #52  
I am super intrigued if a mini split can manage my building without killing my checking account in terms of operational costs. Thoughts?

I am a big fan of Mini Splits. I added one to handle the heating/COOLING load for my attic conversion office space. Barely noticed a change in the electric bill.

/ My (hopefully) Modern Shop Build
So today I am hoping to have my plans finally in hand so I can go get my permit (which we have been warned is a minimum of 6 weeks). So I took the 9 hours of flying time I had coming back from Morrocco and decided to whip up a game plan for my shop.

A bunch of notes.... It s a dream draft. I can't afford a lot of what is in the picture but things like the car lift I need to plan for in the future. It isn't very big at the end of the day (no shop is I guess). so want to be smart about placing things. I am still new at this graphics program so excuse the glitches.

I am not sure the stairs are correct. I think they are not (as floor to floor is 11 feet (10 ft ceilings on the wood shop). If that is thecase I may be kinda screwed upstairs. My window positions are locked so going to to have to get creative. Oh, yes, there are two 8 foot doors upstairs and downstairs into each respective room.

Attachments

• Shop Floorplan Jan 1 2019 2.jpg
    Shop Floorplan Jan 1 2019 2.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 119
  • Shop Floorplan Jan 1 2019 1.jpg
    Shop Floorplan Jan 1 2019 1.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Shop 3D view 2.jpg
    Shop 3D view 2.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 3D of Wood Shop.jpg
    3D of Wood Shop.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Shop Floorplan Jan 1 2019.jpg
    Shop Floorplan Jan 1 2019.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
   / My (hopefully) Modern Shop Build #54  
whoever drew the plans for you should have the stairs figured out with the riser/tread dimensions on the plans.....thats just basic architectural information required for a permit and around here the plans will be rejected if the stair info is not on the plans......so unless you want to wait 6 weeks to find out the plans are rejected and need to be resubmitted and then have to wait another 6 weeks make sure the stairs work and all the info is on the plans.......the local building codes will have what the max riser/treads can be so again whoever drew the plans should know that info......there was a push to make 7"/11" the standard but there was a lot of backlash from the residential community so I don't think it ever took hold and it was left to the individual codes to determine based on use.......Jack

/ My (hopefully) Modern Shop Build #55  
So today I am hoping to have my plans finally in hand so I can go get my permit (which we have been warned is a minimum of 6 weeks). So I took the 9 hours of flying time I had coming back from Morrocco and decided to whip up a game plan for my shop.

A bunch of notes.... It s a dream draft. I can't afford a lot of what is in the picture but things like the car lift I need to plan for in the future. It isn't very big at the end of the day (no shop is I guess). so want to be smart about placing things. I am still new at this graphics program so excuse the glitches.

I am not sure the stairs are correct. I think they are not (as floor to floor is 11 feet (10 ft ceilings on the wood shop). If that is thecase I may be kinda screwed upstairs. My window positions are locked so going to to have to get creative. Oh, yes, there are two 8 foot doors upstairs and downstairs into each respective room.

Suggest that you turn your two post lift 90 degrees to the right, with the nose of the vehicle pointing toward the corner of the room. Better use of space?