My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,421  
I for got to drop the link for today’s Video

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,423  
If you're looking for a nice shower setup you can't go wrong with custom tile work. However, if you want it easier and are looking for a kit, as you mentioned, check out the offerings available from Onyx Collection. They make some beautiful solid surface shower kits that are easy to install and look fantastic. Worlds better than anything you can buy from a big box store. We installed a neo-angle corner shower in a bathroom in our house and it turned out great. They have materials that look like stone or tile as well as traditional smooth solid surface.

Manufacturer: Custom Showers
Reseller that we worked with: Solid Surface Shower Wall Panel & Base Kits - Innovate Building Solutions

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,424  
Love the look of a fresh mopped concrete floor. I remember that being hard work in my build (sweep, vacuum, mop 5 times... then stain/seal) but it was so worth it and very satisfying afterwards. I sincerely hope your floor holds up well under your protection for the next few months. I would be more worried about stuff sticking to it and leaving crap you can't really scrape or scrub off well. Some carpet padding did that on my floor.

Just realized I will be bringing my fam right by your neck of the woods in a couple weeks, camping at Sherando Lake rec area on our way home from a while in Norfolk (first landing). Any local recommendations? The only thing that really caught my eye was a stop at Devils Backbone brew pub. Otherwise we'll probably just swim in the lake and lay in our hammocks. Maybe hike to a waterfall.

#2,425  
Deezler, you are real close to the Crozet Tunnel
If you are at Sherando. Laying around and swimming sounds pretty darn nice. I did a Triathlon at Sherando almost 20 years ago. It was rough. Devil’s Backbone is a nice place to visit. Aling with lots of the vineyards in the area. I just find mysef needing a designated driver if I go over that way.
I think Buckeye might know that area better than me.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,426  
Love the look of a fresh mopped concrete floor. I remember that being hard work in my build (sweep, vacuum, mop 5 times... then stain/seal) but it was so worth it and very satisfying afterwards. I sincerely hope your floor holds up well under your protection for the next few months. I would be more worried about stuff sticking to it and leaving crap you can't really scrape or scrub off well. Some carpet padding did that on my floor.

Just realized I will be bringing my fam right by your neck of the woods in a couple weeks, camping at Sherando Lake rec area on our way home from a while in Norfolk (first landing). Any local recommendations? The only thing that really caught my eye was a stop at Devils Backbone brew pub. Otherwise we'll probably just swim in the lake and lay in our hammocks. Maybe hike to a waterfall.

Devil's Backbone in Roseland is good, just avoid weekends unless you want to mix with a trendy DC/Richmond/Charlottesville crowd (they dress up "lumberjack chic" style, which is hilarious to watch -- they look like a clean/manicured/groomed version of my normal country clothes, minus tears/stains). I like their beers and the food menu is great. If you're a lager fan, Vienna Lager is great on tap.

Bold Rock Hard Cider just down the road in Nellysford is very good for lunch (more casual crowd there). And if you like BBQ, visit Blue Ridge Pig in Nellysford. I have been eating there since forever and love their pulled pork BBQ sandwiches and dill potato salad (not a fan of the slaw though). It's a true hole in the wall BBQ joint, doesn't look like much, but the BBQ is top notch.

Lots of wineries, distilleries, and breweries along Route 151 in Nelson County. I haven't visited any in recent years but they all tend to get high marks from people I know.

Ski Barn (next to Devil's Backbone) usually has some good summer sales if you need winter clothing (or get cold up there on the mountain in summer -- it happens).

When we're in Nellysford, my daughter's favorite stop is the Dollar General, but that's not as much of a novelty for older folks. There's also a real old fashioned IGA grocery in Nellysford that will take you back in time.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,427  
Bavarian restaurant near Greenville exit used to be good, haven’t been there since by cv19. . Mc cormick farm near there, not much to see. Frontier culture museum at Staunton is nice visit. Woodrow Wilson home.
Is Boars Head Inn still open near crozet?
I usually hike up on the skyline. Blue ridge parkway also nice. Crabtree falls is nice.
I’ve never been to Sherando, but wife has.

Schuyler va is “waltons mountain” from the tv series.

Last edited:
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #2,428  
Thanks guys, I'm excited to check out the area, which I'm sure is simply gorgeous. And likely much more interesting than our mostly flat lands of southeast Michigan. And yeah I always have a DD along if my wife is with me... lol. She had to quit alcohol and re-tool her diet to keep her gut happy. Thanks for the food suggestions s219, though I always have to find gluten-free options for her and my son, too. Hit and miss when you get into rural areas. But we probably fit in pretty well with the trendy lumberjack-chic crowd, haha.

#2,430  
Dropped another video this morning.