My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,861  
Very glad to hear you got a diagnosis. Now the healing can begin. :)

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,862  
Glad they finally found the culprit of your daughters illness !Now they can get a handle on how to treat this. Will keep her and your family in our prayers Dave !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,863  
Glad they figured it out. I looked it up out of curiosity and saw just how bad it can be if untreated. This is not something to mess around with! But with treatment it sounds like it should work out. Take care, all of you.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,864  
Glad they figured it out. Prayers for fast recovery.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,866  
We just got a call from the ER nurse who was there last visit. We had asked for Lyme test and any other tick borne illness tests. She has Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Starts a course of doxycycline today. Crossing our fingers for some quick recovery. They are notifying her cardiologist as well.
I appreciate all the helpful suggestions and DM that I got on this.
It is a strange thing to be happy about but it gives us somewhere to start. My wife was in tears.

Wow, that is a serious one -- she is very lucky this was caught before it became fatal.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,867  
We were grateful and now scared that damage was done. 9-10 days from first symptom is where about 25% of fatalities occur. A week ago, when my wife took her to the ER her breathing was bad. It was the kind of breathing my last wife had when she was dying of cancer. Hard to describe if you have never seen it. No activity then a rapid almost popping movement to draw air. Oddly enough her O2 sat level was normal. I should have fought harder that night. They Didn’t do a covid test didn’t ask any questions about ticks didn’t take any blood tests more than standard ones. I am hoping that tomorrow or Sunday she will start feeling better. On CDC web sight it has pictures of swollen limbs with bleeding sores coming thru the skin at 10 days. Organ damage is almost certain at this point.
Hospital staff is worn out and understaffed. I know because my oldest daughter worked the covid surge unit at that same hospital until it broke her and she quit. A year of that was all she could take. So I understand. Computerized medical charts are supposed to help. My daughter is OCD with severe history of eating disorder. POTS diagnosis last year. Previous dr probably looked at chart and thought she was faking or starving herself or crazy. So he did drug test and basic vitals and blood work. She ain’t dying tonight so send her home. I only insisted on tick borne tests this time because of you all.
I still haven’t caught up with it all.

#2,868  
Interesting... my 37 year old son has been going through this for the last couple of years. Doc's can document the damage but really have no clue as to what is going on. Hope you get some answers.

I hope they find it. There is a cause. I don’t think people just spontaneously get sick without a cause.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,869  
Before my GBS was diagnosed the Drs were leaning towards a tick involved disease, once I got neurologist involved. The problem was convincing the ER I wasn’t there because I had had pneumonia, my legs wouldn’t work. All they saw was the pneumonia. One time I’m glad I kept at them, but it still set me back a couple days.

#2,870  
I am about to drop a video. Doing a “premier” with this one. Basically that allows live interaction with viewers in the chat. I’m not well versed on most of the Youtube features. Just too busy with other things. Anyway, I will drop the video link here, once I finish.
I will also update you all on Lauren’s progress. Again, thank you, everyone for the great encouragement and advice.