My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,101  
Oh those pesky inspectors who who sometimes just want to make life hard on those of us who do our own work ! I always put my ground on the top. It looks better to me and my natural grasp of a cord with a ground prong is always positioned with the ground prong on top. Always been told that commercial work has the ground on top for reasons already explained here.

So...how many here wrap the outlet with electrician tape to cover the connections, so as to prevent something coming in contact and shorting out the outlet ? I do it all the time.
In a crowded box for sure. And tighten the unused screws so they don't protrude. I also prefer 20A quality receptacles and switches.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,102  
Electrical outlets. Three prong outlet. Which way is which. For years I have heard that the ground should be on the top and some outlets have writing on them that would be upside down if you did otherwise. My wife wants me to have the ground on the bottom. What do you guys think?View attachment 780111
On union commercial jobs they put the ground up. Residential seems to always be ground down. I don't believe there are rules or code.

Best,

ed

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,104  
I wire all my receptacles with 20amp.

The only 15 amp in my house is for smoke detectors. I may use some in my barn just for lights. But mostly because I have a spare reel or two of 14/2. And Even though my wife wants me to sell/ give away all my tools, I have no intention of wasting it.

New video posted today. You guys might recognize one of my helpers.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,105  
If the helper would just stay out of the way of the camera a couple times.

Final layout looks great.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,106  
If the helper would just stay out of the way of the camera a couple times.

Final layout looks great.
You probably didn't have that issue when building your house!!! :)

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,107  
You probably didn't have that issue when building your house!!! :)

Those cabinet levelers are really nice.
I’m glad I took all the pictures I did of wiring and pipes, always going back to them.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,109  
I like to use 15 amp lines for the lights and keep them separate from the 20 amp lines for my outlets.
I think 15 for lights and 20 for wall receptacles is code in most locations. With the exception of GFI's being required for all receptacles in the kitchen and bathroom near water.

Some States have different requirements for Residences and Commercial properties.

In some states GFCI protection is not required for receptacles installed outside a commercial or industrial occupancy.

Some States also require GFCI's in residential workshops and garages as well as any residential outside receptacles.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,110  
Those cabinet levelers are really nice.
I’m glad I took all the pictures I did of wiring and pipes, always going back to them.
Yep, I had never saw the levelers in action. I literally have hundreds of pics of our house during construction.