My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,831  
I’m sitting on about 4 video worth of footage from before the Surgery. I had a week of downtime after the surgery so I put together a few videos. I’m back at work now (remotely) so play time is over. I’m still in a sling, although I did tie My own shoes two days ago.
Please take it easy, and let it heal. Not sure how you would tie your shoes. I tell the wife that my friends and I compare the grunts we have to make bending over to pick something up.....

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,832  
It’s doing so well that I’m wearing the sling to keep myself from using it. They want me out of the sling for periods of time but my fear is I’ll try to push myself up out of a chair. 25 years ago when I had this same shoulder repaired it was far more painful and took a very long time to heal. Over all the pain is less since they removed a lot of bone. I know that it will be a very long recovery. For the first 6 weeks its mostly healing and working on range of motion. The PT focuses on pushing getting my arm up to eye levelI and moving it to the aide.
I was deadlifting a broom handle today just trying to move thru some simple movements. I have been able to hold a pork chop on the plate with a fork and cut with my good hand. I can type if I pull the keyboard all the way to me and sit on the edge of my chair.
IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

#4,834  
January 1999 I fell off the top of a 5 ton truck in Graffenwoer Germany in an ice storm. The thin ethernet line we had strung up along the top of a line of trucks had broken and I was trying to replace it. Big wind pushed me off and my arm got hung up. Tore the front two rotator muscles completely. I was scheduled for surgery in summer but got blue-barked (emergency hardship transfer) out of country in spring because my wife died, so Had it repaired at Norfolk Naval hospital in fall of 99They rebuilt the bursa capsule and anchored the rotator muscles inside the glenoid cavity with two screws. In 2018 I was having some trouble with the shoulder and thought they could just scope it and clean it out a bit but it looked like this
IMG_9394.jpg

Doctor told me I needed a Total Shoulder replacement. I told him about the house I was building and he said come back when you are done.
Since I moved, I had it done at UVA. I’m pleased so far.

And I’m grateful that I could get this done.

#4,836  
WOW, that sounds like a horrific injury. I'm sorry about your wife.

Thanks. That was a bad time. We were young so it was unexpected. But as you get older it becomes more normal. No one here gets out alive. Thats why we need to live a little harder while we can.

#4,838  
Still a month and half behind on editing , but I’m catching up.

Getting Ready for the BigBarn

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,840  
Very nice.