My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,551  
Had to laugh at the shake in the latest video, finishing the vent.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,552  
Steadily moving forward. I think my build is a cautionary tale for normal guys who decide to build a house. There are so many things we have done that were incorrect in some fashion.

#2,553  
Steadily moving forward. I think my build is a cautionary tale for normal guys who decide to build a house. There are so many things we have done that were incorrect in some fashion.

We also put up another video this morning.

#2,554  
Yesterday We didn’t work on the house. Because winter is right around the corner , I wanted to get some firewood processed so we can run the wood stove and keep the place warm. We took down a dead oak near the entryway and cut and split it. I own a wood splitter but it is 100 miles away and hasn’t been run in years. I need to get it and get it serviced.
My old shoulders were pretty sore when we finished splitting all that wood yesterday. I ran a Makita 6401 yesterday. I have been sharpening it a couple times a day with a file but yesterday morning I stopped by Virginia Tractor and picked up a new Stihl chain 3/8 77 link. Even though the specs were the same, I wasnt sure it would work on the Makita because I had read some conflicting info online. I wasn’t changing the bar just the the chain. It cut amazingly well just flew thru the wood. Having the saw perform well is the difference between a good day and a hard one.

I need to find a place around here to get chains resharpened. I used to have a place in chesterfield, off rt 60 where I got my chains made and where I got the old ones sharpened.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,555  
Take the 'Bride' out for breakfast and make it a quick road trip to get your woodsplitter !! Money well spent. I use this to sharpen my chains until they can't be sharpened any more....takes 3 to 4 strokes per tooth and you are good to go. Any more with things, its sometimes cheaper to just buy a new chain rather than pay to get it sharpened, that's why i like this stihl sharpener.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/filing-tools/2in1file/

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,556  
Take the 'Bride' out for breakfast and make it a quick road trip to get your woodsplitter !! Money well spent. I use this to sharpen my chains until they can't be sharpened any more....takes 3 to 4 strokes per tooth and you are good to go. Any more with things, its sometimes cheaper to just buy a new chain rather than pay to get it sharpened, that's why i like this stihl sharpener.

I used to have my chains sharpened by a pro, but it always seemed like it took so much time to drive there to drop them off, then find the time to pick them up, that it wasn't worth it to me.

I bought the Stihl file and I'm amazed at how easy it is to use. Now I run a chain until it's stretched out to the point I can't tighten it anymore.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,557  
I used to have my chains sharpened by a pro, but it always seemed like it took so much time to drive there to drop them off, then find the time to pick them up, that it wasn't worth it to me.

I bought the Stihl file and I'm amazed at how easy it is to use. Now I run a chain until it's stretched out to the point I can't tighten it anymore.
Same here - used to sharpen my Husky 55 with 3/8 chain with a guide and for some reason it would start to cut at an angle after 3-4 sharpenings. When I bought a Dolmar 6100 with the 3/8 chain I got the Stihl sharpener you and 747driver and what a difference!

Makes it easy to keep a chain sharp with a few strokes of the file.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,558  
My dad was a pro at hand sharping chainsaw blades.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,559  

Have a couple of those for the different chainsaws I have .... just need to make sure to grab/use the right one for the pitch of the chain being sharpened. The files work much better that way 😇

#2,560  
I had expected to get out on the build at night this week but I have ended up working long days for my day job.
My truck is in the shop with a busted rear differential and a messed up front axles (hollowed out). Parts are hard to come by so I may not be getting my truck back till next week.
I stumbled across a deal on a piece of machinery for the farm but don’t want to announce it until I am certain that it’s final.

I posted a video this morning but it is just a farm vlog, no house building on this one.

Since I don’t have any pictures from the build, here’s a nice deer I saw on my drive home this week. He had Velvet hanging from his antlers.
IMG_5059.jpg