My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,491  
Cooooool !! I have used LTL numerous times...no complaints other than you have to get it unloaded wherever they can get the truck to ! I have seen numerous off gridders i follow use the Mr. Cool system.....

I went through the rest of the boxes. Everything appears to be in great shape except a 1.5 inch section of cooling fin on one of the compressors has been “rubbed”. Not a big deal. I am really impressed by the way they are boxed.
When I opened the first condenser (inside wall unit) I was in a hurry to beat the storm but I noticed that they look good. When I had a chance to take a better look at them last night, I was really impressed at how good they look. Fit and finish is excellent and the plastic is a very bright white. I have noticed that other brands I have seen in the past have an off white to almost taupe look which I am not fond of. My wife likes them so that is a plus. They will be in the back of my mind when I am scrambling to finish prepping for inspection this weekend. I need to find a pre- inspection check list. I had stumbled on a couple previously. Time to google.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,492  
Wild Wonderful Off-Grid is a great YT channel. Here is their episode on installing their Mr. Cool system. They live near Keyser, WV . Maybe you can get some tips from watching this episode. Good luck David !!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,493  
Wild Wonderful Off-Grid is a great YT channel. Here is their episode on installing their Mr. Cool system. They live near Keyser, WV . Maybe you can get some tips from watching this episode. Good luck David !!

FYI - He's an electrician by trade.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,495  
Had never watched any of them. I'm guessing the smoking hot wife improves the view counts... :rolleyes:

There was nothing in his install that you couldn't find in the manuals or the Mr Cool install videos. These are pretty simple to do. I have looked at these for my shop but am still unwilling to spend the money on it as of yet. Oh yeah - he did nothing to flash the pass-through opening in the wall. He filled the inside with foam for insulation/air leak, but the flange was not even caulked to the siding and not sealed to the sheathing at all. Bad move, but he might be Ok if it is covered enough and not on the prevailing storm side of the house. Not done right at all.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,496  
Yes...she is a pretty lady but a very hard worker ! Most of these YT channels the wife has to be involved with the construction side and also the animal side of raising livestock etc.. to make it work.

As you well pointed out the faults of his installation. Maybe if David watches this and other videos we will avoid the pitfalls. Many things the YT people do are built in areas where there is little inspection and code compliance !! It will raise its ugly head one day.....

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,497  
Yes it does look like they are both very hard workers and have made a really nice homestead there. I am guessing she does the video editing as he appears way too busy for that level of editing. Their video production quality is quite impressive. Pretty much professional grade with all the music and various cuts and shots integrated quite well. That plus managing 3 kids and the farm takes a lot of time. I guess I don't know if she also has a job outside the house either, but with all that to do, I am guessing not. Still, you so often see video channels like this lead with a shot of the pretty lady to draw people in, and it kind of annoys me a bit. Not the end of the world but it stuck out to me this time.

But the Mr Cool installation looks quite trivial for anyone handy around tools and the house. It is nice that they are making a DIY system available. So many manufacturers basically collude with the installers to discourage DIY work that it is good to see a place that wants to work with them. I have always wondered about the small amount of air that must be left inside the fittings on these. I know AC installations are quite picky about getting every last molecule of air out, so even that little bit left in there puzzles me a bit. Does it affect performance slightly? Longevity? It has to have some effect or they wouldn't go to the extremes to vacuum down systems so much normally.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,498  
Mr cool has a patented cnc perfect connection to help keep air out. I love that homeowners have a choice now, but I'm betting that only hungry HVAC guys will come work on them when they leak etc... They most all of them poo poo Daikin Goodman.

Carry on. Yes, the beautiful wife is easy on the eyes. I love seeing wives help their husbands out with grunt work. Mine used to, now she carries the load inside, but will push mow and put the clippings into the compost pile every now and then. And my wife is smoking hot too. :)

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,499  
Yes it does look like they are both very hard workers and have made a really nice homestead there. I am guessing she does the video editing as he appears way too busy for that level of editing. Their video production quality is quite impressive. Pretty much professional grade with all the music and various cuts and shots integrated quite well. That plus managing 3 kids and the farm takes a lot of time. I guess I don't know if she also has a job outside the house either, but with all that to do, I am guessing not. Still, you so often see video channels like this lead with a shot of the pretty lady to draw people in, and it kind of annoys me a bit. Not the end of the world but it stuck out to me this time.

But the Mr Cool installation looks quite trivial for anyone handy around tools and the house. It is nice that they are making a DIY system available. So many manufacturers basically collude with the installers to discourage DIY work that it is good to see a place that wants to work with them. I have always wondered about the small amount of air that must be left inside the fittings on these. I know AC installations are quite picky about getting every last molecule of air out, so even that little bit left in there puzzles me a bit. Does it affect performance slightly? Longevity? It has to have some effect or they wouldn't go to the extremes to vacuum down systems so much normally.
The wife was a school teacher but quit to stay home and home school the kids as well. Yes...there are some YT channels that push the envelope with the pretty eye candy and not so much of the build !!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,500  
Mr cool has a patented cnc perfect connection to help keep air out. I love that homeowners have a choice now, but I'm betting that only hungry HVAC guys will come work on them when they leak etc... They most all of them poo poo Daikin Goodman.

Carry on. Yes, the beautiful wife is easy on the eyes. I love seeing wives help their husbands out with grunt work. Mine used to, now she carries the load inside, but will push mow and put the clippings into the compost pile every now and then. And my wife is smoking hot too. :)
Many off gridders use Mr. Cool so i wonder if Mr. Cool is giving these people a special deal ???

Any man worth his salt will always have a strong woman by his side !! I have had mine 51 years !!!