My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,051  
Yes we drilled and chiseled it out the full 5 inches on one side of the pipe and about 3.5 on the side that had the pex.
We used one of these multi angle fittings to bring it plumb.

The flofx flange isn’t set in yet. I am going to patch the floor. in with hydraulic cement first.
Nice! Glad you were able to avoid the PEX. Believe me, I know the stress of drilling/digging into concrete with PEX in it!

It's amazing what can be accomplished with the right knowledge, right tools and right parts.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,053  
Progress that starts looking like something. How do you like the Kreg Jig? How was that pot pie?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,054  
Nice you had help. One thing I’m highly experienced at is being inexperienced.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,055  
Nice work fitting that farmers sink - liked the inverse approach then building the base pan too. We have the farmers sink but cabinet (Starmark) was fitted with side channels and supports, so just needed some shims for the sink support.

Comment on the post/beam cabinet cutout - I understand to make the cabinet rigid to support the countertop, but why not cut out the cabinet - fit and level into place, then add the plywood to the beam tight to the cabinet once you have them installed? Would be a heck of a lot easier than all those mortise and tenon joints!

Great video as usual and seeing Lauren active and on the recovery path is great.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,056  
Progress that starts looking like something. How do you like the Kreg Jig? How was that pot pie?

The pot pie was really good. The brand is Marie Callender. I like them. Wife and daughter give me a hard time because of fat content and overall calorie content. When I get into the house, I can start training regularly again and my extra padding will fade away. I’m not gonna eat bean sprouts till then.
I’ve used kreg jigs for a dozen years (maybe more) I wore two of them completely out. This set, I bought last year and just using for the first time. The clamp is probably 10 years old. When you have a table saw to work with you end up with an amazing box structure. Built shop cabinets. Plyo boxes. Wall units, TV stands. The list is long. Had a rental that had extensive water damage. Half the cabinets were ruined. So I built new ones to match the good ones, distressed them and stained them to match since the old ones were built in the 60’s. I had more time than money back then. But it worked for me.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,057  
Update for Lauren. Today was the first medical follow up. The Doctor is in Richmond. 1.5 hours from our house build but it was a good appointment. She has good weight gain and healing. They will clear her to eat some aolid food again , before long. And she is making arrangements to change from a “dangle” tube to a “button”. That is a big deal to her because when she starts taking in solid food, she can have ip to 4 hours a day unplugged. And the button makes it much less obtrusive. She is on top of the world tonight. She will crash hard soon but that is part of the stress, recovery, adaptation model.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,059  
Update for Lauren. Today was the first medical follow up. The Doctor is in Richmond. 1.5 hours from our house build but it was a good appointment. She has good weight gain and healing. They will clear her to eat some aolid food again , before long. And she is making arrangements to change from a “dangle” tube to a “button”. That is a big deal to her because when she starts taking in solid food, she can have ip to 4 hours a day unplugged. And the button makes it much less obtrusive. She is on top of the world tonight. She will crash hard soon but that is part of the stress, recovery, adaptation model.
:)

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,060  
Great news continued prayers for her recovery