My latest Knife

/ My latest Knife #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
I am just going to see if i can add a picture and i thought i would try it with my latest knife.If this shows up with no photo sorry i tried.

Attachments

• 100_0674.jpg
    100_0674.jpg
    545.8 KB · Views: 502
  • 100_0670.jpg
    100_0670.jpg
    972.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 100_0672.JPG
    100_0672.JPG
    933.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 100_0673.jpg
    100_0673.jpg
    823.8 KB · Views: 287
   / My latest Knife #2  
Pictures worked just fine. Oh, and nice knife! I like the curves. :thumbsup:

Joe

/ My latest Knife
Thanks you are probably being kind out of pitty for my attempt.I have been making Knives for about 3 years now only 2 or 3 per year as i dont get around to it a often as i should and as my Grandfarther said "i need to wait till the sprit move's me.
Back in the early 80's I was a "B" rate Saw Filer at a local saw mill . I filed the Sash Gang saws, the double cut band, Planer Blades, and the Chipper knives as well as a fixer of pulp hooks and pickeroons and all Chainsaws.When I left I took a few feet of worn out Band Mill saw and one of my Sash Gang Saws. This lasted me a few years.I had made a Machette and thats about it till 3 years ago.
I went back to the Mill and asked for more of the used Band Saw steel and they had just thrown it out. But they did have a bunch of Sash Gangs laying on the floor I took 8 .They are about 6 inchs wide and 5 feet long it takes 33 of them hung in a gang at once to run the saw and they are always getting replaced. Well about 2 years after they were bought new. This was made from a Sash Saw the steel is so hard that it will literly melt a drill bit they are about 1/8 inch thick. Being so hard you can punch a hole with a press but about 50-80% of the time they will shatter when you do that,... not a pretty sight. So I have to aneeal them first to work them. I do it in the wood stove. You have to bring them to the non-magnetic state at about 2460 degrees .

/ My latest Knife
Thank you Bruce I recently made on from an antique pair of sheep shears they are made of Sheffield Steel from England I believe it came out pretty nice.

Attachments

• 100_0675.jpg
    100_0675.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 270
   / My latest Knife #7  
cool man the curve it took my heart away its awesome

/ My latest Knife
Thanks I have never really shown any of my Knives to anyone outside of my Wife and Son. I have also made a couple of Kukri Nepalise Machetes they look really nice the second better that the first. Its nice to have people say your stuff looks good Thanks ,Jeff

/ My latest Knife
Here are the KuKri Machete's. The top / smaller one was the first it was too steep of angle and not long enough .The second works grast i carry it on Th Polaris Range it will sever a 1.5 inch Maple with one blow very fast and well balanced as well as light about 14oz. Woops i will try again