My lucky day

/ My lucky day #1  

EddieL

Tractor
Kubota L3000DT
I was moving a dead tree that fell when I noticed another one coming right at me. I managed to move back enough that it missed me. Didn't damage the tractor either.
IMG_20210403_092726036_HDR.jpeg
IMG_20210403_092708430_HDR.jpeg

/ My lucky day #2  
You definitely barley dodged disaster with that one. My last attempt with a dead tree involved about a 8” limb hitting the trackhoe roof. The picture really doesn’t accurately display the hit it took. The top of the roof is caved in that you really can’t see in the picture. I’d no doubt be dead without the roof being there. I was attempting to push over a large dead tree. I was being gentle with no sudden movements and I didn’t think it was snagged in anything else but the entire top broke out. It was like 18” diameter where it broke 30’ or so up. The main trunk went behind the hoe and a pretty big limb hit it.
IMG_9153.JPG

Last edited:
   / My lucky day #3  
IMG_9154.JPG

/ My lucky day
I was moving a tree that was on the ground. I don't know if it was vibration or what that made the other one fall.

/ My lucky day #7  
Glad your angle was beside you...whew.

/ My lucky day #9  
This is the exact reason I got the FOPS/ROPS on my tractor (It does come standard but was a reason I went this route among others). So many hazards working in the woods. I am very happy you are unharmed!

/ My lucky day
I'm guessing you threw them drawers away.
No, it actually seemed to happen in slow motion. When I saw it coming directly at me, I was able to see it would miss me if I kept moving even though I was in low range and moving very slowly After it hit all the bark that came off seemed like a fast motion explosion.