My Lumber and Plywood Cart

OP
Xfaxman

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5610 G Bobcat V417 TORO+Loader
The latest pictures, don't understand how more stuff, even metal gets put on it: :D

P5130018.JPG

P5130016.JPG

P5130013.JPG

saracenas

Platinum Member
Tractor
Present: 2003 Kubota M9000 DTF. Sold: 1985 Kubota L2202
I didn’t want to start a new topic to share what I did this year, so I’ll stick here if no one objects.
I've started this work in the early spring, when the first pandemic lockdown was announced in the country. I finished it recently, within the second lockdown. When I realized that I could no longer live without these things, I took on these jobs. And that’s what came out of it. The biggest problem still remains - to accommodate the most necessary items and discard the unnecessary ones. Some of them, though unused, it’s still hard to throw away. But it is necessary.

20201002_165555.jpg

20200922_171841.jpg

20201017_122958.jpg

Here is a video about how it was done.

Attachments

• 20201013_161810 corr. x2.jpg
    20201013_161810 corr. x2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49

OP
Xfaxman

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
I didn’t want to start a new topic to share what I did this year, so I’ll stick here if no one objects.
------------------------------------------------

No objections. Good job on yours well done.png.

Maybe others will contribute and keep the thread going.

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
Very nice!!! I have a shelving unit similar to your tall one with all the shelves, but it has wheels on it, and that's very handy. I like being able to move it out of the way when I need the floor space, or I can have stuff on shelves behind it, and it's easy to move when I want to get to those things.

saracenas

Platinum Member
Tractor
Very nice!!! I have a shelving unit similar to your tall one with all the shelves, but it has wheels on it, and that's very handy. I like being able to move it out of the way when I need the floor space, or I can have stuff on shelves behind it, and it's easy to move when I want to get to those things.

If it concernes me, that would be possibe if I wouldn't keep heavy stuff in the shelves, for instance steel profiles. OTOH the depth of them is only 1 feet, what means might be unstable.
But your idea of wheels is good if once I'll decide to stick them together by their backs.

truckdiagnostics

Platinum Member
Tractor
7753 bobcat
most of my stuff is on wheels too. I have found what you are working on changes and it is nice to be able to move it out of the way. It is also nice to be able to move everything into one work area. Cuts down one walking steps. Used to have everything pushed to the outside walls and you end up walking from one thing to the next, gives me a lot more flexibility.

My scrap wood storage is stacked on pallet. That I move either with loader or pallet jack. Concept works for me more organization on the pallet would be nice, you always seem to need the one on the bottom.

saracenas

Platinum Member
Tractor
I have an idea to weld a metal palet on strong wheels for the wood palet. The stuff loaded on it could be pushed by hand, by a tractor or lifted up by forks of a tractor. The dimentions should accord to wood palet standard. It should have the holes for the forks to be placed. Probably that's nothing new, just I've never seen anything like that.

OP
Xfaxman

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Still have one set of shelves, need to decide if I want them at the top or in the bottom section.
Decided not to use the last set of shelves for now. I can install them later if needed. So it is finished for now. (y)
Changed my mind, put the last set of shelves on top to store empty boxes on:

P7050003.JPG