my method to hook up attch's

/ my method to hook up attch's #1  

Cidertom

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520, 2305 Aktive snow-trac ST4
Friend was over and saw me hook up the back blade. He has a tractor and thought my way was slick. So I thought I would share. First, don't get me wrong: If a QA works for you then fine. I just have had bad luck I guess, and don't use one.

With my hydraulic blade weighing nearly 1000 lbs you don't shove it into alignment with the 3 pt arms. My machine yard is level so I don't have to worry about uncontroled rolling. I park as close as I can to the correct spot. Dump the FEL bucket so the bottom edge is vertical and then put just enough down pressure so it digs in a bit. Tractor in Neutral, no brake. Now I can stand to the side and using the FEL joystick (bucket only) make the small adjustments to get the pins to line up. Since I am not in the pinch point when doing this, and since the tractor won't keep rolling it isn't too unsafe.

Just an idea when you are fighting to get it hooked up.

/ my method to hook up attch's #2  
I'll have to try that, thanks. I've been putting the parking brake on the first notch (sets the brakes just slightly) and will push my hst petal with my hand from the ground to make small adjustments (can't do that with a gear). I don't have any problems getting hooked up but I do worry about running over my foot ;) .