My Mistake

/ My Mistake #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
I have an 18' carhauler trailer, and a small 5'x8' landscaping trailer. I had began sandblasting the smaller trailer last summer, but was unable to finish because of other things which needed done, so I stored it on top of the carhauler trailer before putting both of them in the garage for the winter.

Recently I had to move both trailers outside, to make room for my tractor in the garage. This evening, after I was finished mowing grass, I decided to pull the smaller trailer off of the larger one, so I could finish sandblasting it. I was in a hurry, and in a monumental lapse of judgement on my part, I decided to move the smaller trailer by hand.

Needless to say, things didn't go as planned. Now I sit here with a foot that is swollen and very sore, all because of my stupidity.

Lesson learned.

/ My Mistake #2  
I feel for you. Sorry about your foot but glad that is all it was.

I have one of those folding 4x8 HF trailers. To fold it really requires more than one person at least if safety is a consideration. Of course I did it alone and after lifting up the rear leaf to vertical I turned to get some straps to anchor it in place. Needless to say, Newton and the laws of gravity wait for no fool and before you could say crash, the trailer was bashing into the driveway and I was leaping for safety. I made it but it would have been ugly had I been a tad slower.

I've talked myself into owning one of those engine hoist booms to help out with heavy items. I'm thinking that one of the hydraulic lift carts makes a lot of sense too for getting stuff into and out of the SUV or pickup unassisted.

/ My Mistake #3  
Sorry about the foot, plenty of ICE keep it elevated if it is bad you might think about an x-ray to be ure nothing is broken.

/ My Mistake #4  
sorry bout the foot massey take care of it and i second the xray suggestion be careful don't want you laid up all summer

/ My Mistake
Needless to say, Newton and the laws of gravity wait for no fool and before you could say crash, the trailer was bashing into...

The same thing happened to me. Only in my case, one of the smaller trailer's tires came off the carhauler trailer's ramp, causing the smaller trailer's tongue to go crashing straight into the top of my foot.

I had grown accustomed to moving the smaller trailer by hand so I could mow under it, which caused me to lose all perspective of just how heavy that thing really is, so when the time came to move it off the carhauler trailer, I thought nothing of it.

Thankfully, I'm reasonably certain that my foot isn't broken, because I can still walk on it, but it still hurts like the dickens.

/ My Mistake #6  
The same thing happened to me. Only in my case, one of the smaller trailer's tires came off the carhauler trailer's ramp, causing the smaller trailer's tongue to go crashing straight into the top of my foot.

I had grown accustomed to moving the smaller trailer by hand so I could mow under it, which caused me to lose all perspective of just how heavy that thing really is, so when the time came to move it off the carhauler trailer, I thought nothing of it.

Thankfully, I'm reasonably certain that my foot isn't broken, because I can still walk on it, but it still hurts like the dickens.

I'm glad you are OK, but go to DR. I let a foot injury go, and it slowly got worse and worse and in 2009 I missed hunting season completely while on CRUTCHES due to foot surgery!

Get some healing brother...
David

/ My Mistake #7  
SIL was sure her hurt foot was not broken. Walked on it for three weeks before getting it checked. Did more damage and the small fracture moved around the started healing out of alingment causing problems she is still dealing with!

Do wait to long!!

/ My Mistake
SIL was sure her hurt foot was not broken. Walked on it for three weeks before getting it checked. Did more damage and the small fracture moved around the started healing out of alingment causing problems she is still dealing with!

Do wait to long!!

I'm going to give it a few days to see if it gets any better, but if it hasn't I will go and get an x-ray.

After accidentally bumping my hurt foot against the coffee table, causing me to almost cry, I suddenly realized that I had not locked up my garage, the big garage (I have 2), which happens to be next door. I never thought it was very far, until today.

/ My Mistake #9  
Better off with an early x ray then having the doctor re-break it so it heals right. Been there once. Sorry to hear of your accident. I ended up breaking two dollies and almost taking out a wall with my Mahindra back hoe today. It must be one of those days. I hope it heals fast so you can get back outside.

/ My Mistake
Better off with an early x ray then having the doctor re-break it so it heals right. Been there once. Sorry to hear of your accident. I ended up breaking two dollies and almost taking out a wall with my Mahindra back hoe today. It must be one of those days. I hope it heals fast so you can get back outside.

I agree that it must be one of those days, and sympathize with your tractor mishap. I hadn't mentioned it, but shortly before my little mishap, I nearly flipped the riding mower when I was mowing near the embankment of the road going to my garage and wasn't paying attention to where I was going. In hindsight, it's a good thing my tractor is down for repairs, or who knows what might have happened today. Normally, I am very careful, but today has been... wierd.

I hate going to the doctor, but having to have it re-broken would not be good. That said, I may wait until tomorrow evening before deciding if I need to go. Right now, I'm pretty sure it isn't broken, but anything is possible.

My wife has had a field day kidding me, but I deserve it for being so stupid. Like she said, I'm old enough to know better, yet young enough to do it anyway. At least I'm willing to fess up to my mistakes, and hopefully learn from them.