My new baby and first tractor 3620H

/ My new baby and first tractor 3620H #11  
The biggest most immediate task is trenching, already have some hand built trenches but need to use the hoe to make them better and route some better.

the next two attachments are going to be a grapple and pallet forks, have a lot of down trees and brush we want to clean up

down the road will be doing some food plots, so not sure what attachments we’ll buy or rent.

i have my eyes open for a nice used flail mower as well.
I'd like to have a grapple but so far my forks have managed to do what I need without a lot of extra effort. I'd get forks first and make sure you really need the grapple, unless your wallet is overflowing

/ My new baby and first tractor 3620H #12  
What he said
I'd like to have a grapple but so far my forks have managed to do what I need without a lot of extra effort. I'd get forks first and make sure you really need the grapple, unless your wallet is overflowing

/ My new baby and first tractor 3620H #13  
The biggest most immediate task is trenching, already have some hand built trenches but need to use the hoe to make them better and route some better.

the next two attachments are going to be a grapple and pallet forks, have a lot of down trees and brush we want to clean up

down the road will be doing some food plots, so not sure what attachments we’ll buy or rent.

i have my eyes open for a nice used flail mower as well.
That looks like a 3pt. hoe mount.
Are you aware of the potential top link issues for all 3 pt.hoe mounts?

/ My new baby and first tractor 3620H #14  
Very nice! I do remember that day 4years ago. Time flies when you're having fun! I wish I had bought the backhoe vs. the grapple and or snowblower. I have used both multiple times but no where near as much as I thought I would. I already had a rototiller, brush hog, and farmi winch. The forks I use all the time; as much as the bucket.

Anyway, I love my red tractor!

/ My new baby and first tractor 3620H #15  
That looks like a 3pt. hoe mount.
Are you aware of the potential top link issues for all 3 pt.hoe mounts?

That is NOT a 3 pt mount. It's on a subframe, just like it's supposed to be.

/ My new baby and first tractor 3620H #16  
I second this. The pallet forks get a lot of work done for me and I've removed about 15 fairly large trees in the 5 years I've had the tractor. I've made a ton of brushpiles with them. I've also gotten pretty good at "skimming" brush off the ground with the forks... often when I'm arcing a radius. I've also gotten good at picking up logs and boulders with them. I imagine there are instances where the forks are preferable to a grapple... and visa versa of course.

If you're going to do a lot of trenching you might consider getting a trenching bucket for your backhoe.

Congratulations on your beautiful new baby! I smoke cigars, btw.

Last edited:
   / My new baby and first tractor 3620H #17  
If you're going to do a lot of trenching you might consider getting a trenching bucket for your backhoe

Bb - I'm interested in a trenching bucket partially to excavate around rocks and stumps especially in the summer when the ground gets hard. Have you found a good one for your Branson?

/ My new baby and first tractor 3620H #18  
Bb - I'm interested in a trenching bucket partially to excavate around rocks and stumps especially in the summer when the ground gets hard. Have you found a good one for your Branson?
Ning, I aborted that shopping trip after I found out that there is no universal size (as there is with "quick-tach" FEL attachments). As a result you cannot go onto the open market looking for one because when you call Titan attachments or BXpanded or any of those companies (as I did), they can't tell you the fit dimensions of the attaching hardware or other relevant information such as pin diameter, pin spacing, and dipper width.

Bottom line if you buy a trenching bucket for your backhoe you're pretty much forced to buy from the dealer or modify/fabricate one.

If anyone finds differently I'd love to hear it but I've spent enough hours in that rabbit hole.

/ My new baby and first tractor 3620H #19  
Congrats, nice new toy
I have the 2400h w/backhoe and I am clearing my 2.5 acres with hundreds of trees I’m thinning , I bought the EA 50” grapple 255lbs it is a back saver as I did see lots of trees in your pictures, I also got the bxpanded piranha tooth bar that makes a huge difference doing dirt work and clearing brush. Have fun I sure do . Dan

/ My new baby and first tractor 3620H #20  
Even though subframe hoes are the only way to go, have you gone thru the procedure required to remove it when u want to use the 3pt hitch. On my NHTC40DA it is such a pain I’ve left it on and just got a 2nd tractor dedicated to implements like snowblower, box blade, etc etc. I like having one dedicated TLB and another which I can readily switch out implements. Twice the maintenance but no more taking the subframe mounted hoe on/off. Kind of an expensive solution but having two tractors comes in very handy once in a while...