My new Zetor 6745

/ My new Zetor 6745
It's been a month now since my last update, during that time my mighty 6745 has stamped out around 1000 hay bales and performed well.
The poor brake problem was solved by fitting a drivers seat. I should explain that a bit more, the tractor had a crappy plastic seat when it arrived, so I removed that and sat on a folded up blanket in the space where the seat goes. It seems the foot brakes don't work well when the seat you're sitting on slides backwards as you push down on the brake pedals.
Since properly mounting a new seat the foot brakes work better (not amazing, but still good) and the handbrake seems to work ok now as well. At least it's safe to use.
It's doing a good job of pulling my hay baler around (Welger AP71) and I've also added another seat onto the left side mud guard. That seat faces directly out to the right hand side of the tractor. Sometimes I will sit on this while baling. It's a nice high position that allows me to look forward and backward without twisting my back. I found I was hurting my back sitting in the normal drivers seat and twisting around to watch the baler.

I've added a roof to protect me from sun burn. It's a combination of 100mm x 40mm timber and a sheet of plywood. Cheap & adequate. Also makes it easy to fit other stuff.
A few days ago I added a 120w LED light bar to the front and back (screwed onto the timber roof). This means I can safely keep baling even in darkness (yes, I've done that twice this hay season already.)

The next task is to get the air compressor working and plumb it through to my hay baler. I'm going to set up a small tank and some air lines to blow compressed air onto the baler knotters to keep them clean. That will likely be a winter job along with, fit the used hydraulic pump, overhaul the brakes properly.

/ My new Zetor 6745
What I meant was the baler is German. I love my Czech tractor.

In my last post I mentioned I had fitted 2 x 120 watt LED light bars so that I can bale hay in the dark. I finally got to try it out in the field a few days ago and here's what I learnt.
First, I aligned the rear light bar with the tractor and baler parked in my shed, so it's perfectly aligned for when the baler is folded up but misses when it's unfolded for field use. Dumb mistake, just a simple adjustment to solve that.
When fitting the lights I bench tested them off a 12v bench power supply and found they were using 8 amps each.
I've got them on the tractor now running through a single 25 amp fuse (I didn't have a 20 amp fuse handy and a 15 amp fuse would blow).
I've found that they are running the battery flat, so if my last hour of field work is in the dark, I turn the lights on, everything runs ok but if I try to restart the tractor the battery is flat.
I assume the tractor generator / alternator is putting out less than the current being used by the lights.

Another job for the list is to repair or upgrade the alternator.

Does anyone know what the factory Zetor 6745 alternator produces ?
If it's less than 20 amps then I'll need to upgrade it, if it's known to produce more than that then I'll look at a repair option.

/ My new Zetor 6745 #24  
And you have an alternator and not a dynamo? The dynamo gives 12A so that's hopeless out dated.

/ My new Zetor 6745
It looks original, so I'll assume it's a dynamo (haven't heard that word used since I fitted lights to my push bike 35 years ago). OK, so I'll go looking for a new alternator. Are there any major differences to the electrical system when replacing a dynamo with an alternator ?

/ My new Zetor 6745 #26  
You must use much thicker cabels, and you must rewind the cabel for the charging light, if you don't have a charging light you must ad it, the bulb sould be 3w or 4w in this lamp.

/ My new Zetor 6745 #27  
Picture of the dynamo?

/ My new Zetor 6745
I love my Zetor 6745 so much that I bought another one. The original 6745 is dedicated to pulling my baler and the new 6745 is dedicated to mowing (Maxam 2500).
I've also just bought a wrecked 6745 with a nice loader on it. So I'll swap that across to the mower 6745 and that will become my year round utility tractor.

/ My new Zetor 6745 #30  
ZETOR tractors are really good that excel in endurance, performance and efficiency. I am the owner ZETOR FORTERRA HD 150 and can write only positive feedback.

New and upcoming design very surprised, you can see the line: Zetor by Pininfarina

The design was prepared in cooperation with designers PORSCHE Auto - Pininfarina.

TractorsFORTERRAS.jpg