My NX6010

/ My NX6010 #1,271  
Ha ha. OK. I was thinking there was some complicated thing happening here :D I'll have one remote that's detented (I think), so I'll have to make sure that I have a piece of hose to put on it when not in use. Not sure why I went with a detent; I think that I just wanted an assortment just in case. I think that I've heard of folks hooking up a bungee to make sure that a lever doesn't get stuck in the open position- another way of addressing this issue?

It's just a 3/8" hose about a foot or 15 inches long with two male quick connects. Leave it in your rear remote when not hooked up to BH etc and it won't matter if you accidentally move the control lever.

/ My NX6010 #1,272  
Eric, how do you feel about your decision to go with the Woods BB720X?

Do you think it was heavy duty enough? (I saw the broken "baffle?", but I don't think that that was any real big issue for you.)

Would you have liked a larger (or smaller?) cutter?

I think

/ My NX6010
#1,273  
Eric, how do you feel about your decision to go with the Woods BB720X?

Do you think it was heavy duty enough? (I saw the broken "baffle?", but I don't think that that was any real big issue for you.)

Would you have liked a larger (or smaller?) cutter?

I think

It is appropriately sized. My terrain is sphagnum and sand and so it is pretty easy to knock material over and mow it. As I'm going on, my rotary cutter is getting easier material to process as I'm clearing more brush than poplar stands.

I looked at the Brown heavy duty as well as the BB7200X when I was searching. At the time there was indecision if my tractor could run a heavier cutter. I can. I generally only run my mower at 2000 engine rpm.

/ My NX6010 #1,274  
I can add my experience with a Woods BB600 on a DK40se. I bought the smaller size brush bull simply because it was a deal on craigslist ($900 almost new). I use it for heavier bush hogging than I feel like doing with my flail. As far as horsepower is concerned, my 40hp tractor has more than needed. I think I could easily run the BB720.

/ My NX6010 #1,275  
I came across a very good deal on a BB 72x but I'm afraid my tractor would overpower it. It is rated for 30-65 hp pto. Mine is 63 pto.

/ My NX6010 #1,277  
It is appropriately sized. My terrain is sphagnum and sand and so it is pretty easy to knock material over and mow it. As I'm going on, my rotary cutter is getting easier material to process as I'm clearing more brush than poplar stands.

I looked at the Brown heavy duty as well as the BB7200X when I was searching. At the time there was indecision if my tractor could run a heavier cutter. I can. I generally only run my mower at 2000 engine rpm.

Thanks, Eric.

Running at a slower engine RPM possible because this cutter spins faster? It's rated 1590 fpm, which seems higher than everyone else in this group. I looked at the Brown and didn't like the fact that their welds aren't continuous: seems that most everyone else is doing full welds now- reduces pockets for rust to start?

/ My NX6010
#1,278  
Thanks, Eric.

Running at a slower engine RPM possible because this cutter spins faster? It's rated 1590 fpm, which seems higher than everyone else in this group. I looked at the Brown and didn't like the fact that their welds aren't continuous: seems that most everyone else is doing full welds now- reduces pockets for rust to start?

The Woods product is well made and doesn't collect junk or water on the deck.

I run at a slower rpm to be easy on the equipment and because I have an HST and can run very slow over anything at a given engine torque.

/ My NX6010 #1,280  
Eric, I'm finally getting around to installing the cameras and monitor in my NX (now that it's back from the dealer's and I have available time to work on it). You'd mentioned that you just ran wires for the rear camera in the rear window opening (open window, feed wires, close window and route wires), is this correct? I had to wade through a bunch of this thread to find a picture showing the rear camera. I believe that you had suggested just attaching it to the black plastic underside of the cab top- is this also correct (what you did)?

Did you ever installed a front camera? I've looked at what a lot of folks have done and I'm kind of wondering about mounting on top of the brush guard: I realize that it hinges forward and that I'd have to provide extra lengths to the cables. Seems that this would provide for a good view.

And for something completely unrelated... Where did you mount/bolt-down your sacrificial anode?