My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #531  
Looks like your timing was right on the money as far as buying the mill and retirement !

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Looks great Brandi, and good to hear from you. I was wondering how your wood/saw business is going. With the price of lumber so high, I hope you're making a little money to pay for your investments.
Hi Kyle!
How was the winds in Giddings when that twister touched down on that red pickup?

Lumber sales are good. Just enough down time between orders to catch up on chores here.

I love retirement and working hard to stay retired.
hugs, Brandi

Looks like your timing was right on the money as far as buying the mill and retirement !

GOD had a plan for me and it seems to center around the sawmill. My friend, Brady, asks me why I did something or bought something. I tell him, "I don't know............GOD hasn't told me yet"!

Actually, I retired about 6 years early. At that time, I would have had 50 years in aviation and received the FAA's Charles Taylor master mechanic award. Charles was the Wright brothers' mechanic.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #534  
Hi Kyle!
How was the winds in Giddings when that twister touched down on that red pickup?

Lumber sales are good. Just enough down time between orders to catch up on chores here.

I love retirement and working hard to stay retired.
hugs, Brandi
Glad to hear it! Yes, God has a plan for all of us. He loves it when we thank him for our blessings.

We shagged it to Lagrange to dodge last Monday's storms. Watched on radar as rotating tornado went over our area, but fortunately, no damage. The red truck that got blown around was near your daughter's place?....if she still lives there.

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #535  
I wish I had a trailer load of big logs to bring and pay you to cut them for me....not that I need timbers right now, but it would be cool to build something with fancy joinery like old Amish or Quaker barns.

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #536  
I wish I had a trailer load of big logs to bring and pay you to cut them for me....not that I need timbers right now, but it would be cool to build something with fancy joinery like old Amish or Quaker barns.

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #537  
It will be 40x60 feet on concrete and 40x80 feet under roof.

What is concrete going for in your area? I was quoted $185 a yard a few weeks ago, and now I'm hoping wont go any higher before I pour my pad. I'm adding on a 3 car garage to my house.

Glad to hear it! Yes, God has a plan for all of us. He loves it when we thank him for our blessings.

We shagged it to Lagrange to dodge last Monday's storms. Watched on radar as rotating tornado went over our area, but fortunately, no damage. The red truck that got blown around was near your daughter's place?....if she still lives there.
Oh, it was west of Elgin? Rebecca and Chloe moved back home last August. She rents the house in Manor to Telsa employees for $$$$. She lives now on Lake Conroe with a bedroom window view of the lake.
hugs, Brandi

What is concrete going for in your area? I was quoted $185 a yard a few weeks ago, and now I'm hoping wont go any higher before I pour my pad. I'm adding on a 3 car garage to my house.
I have no idea. I was quoted $17,000 exactly a year ago. Saw my concrete guy the other day and said concrete and steel will be going up, again, April 1st.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #540  
What isn’t going up.