My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #451  
Big difference from a wide front horse trailer gooseneck and a real, working flat deck gooseneck. Since my gooseneck tapers, I put a foot on the bottom of the jack, grab the neck and pull up and swing a foot over my open tailgate.

hugs, Brandi
Yep that works, and I used to be able to do it. But now I use the BedStep with the real working flat deck gooseneck:

P1260001.JPG

The BedStep is visible under the bumper:
PA040020.JPG

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
What I don’t understand @bindian and @Xfaxman is why y’all don’t have rear bumpers with steps in the corners?
25_cent_score,
Because that is a chevy thing. Why do I need a step anyway? When I can use the step in the center or the jack pad on the trailer. Maybe I can get you to come down and cut steps in my bumper's corners. Maybe take the bed off and put on a flat bed with a built in ladder. Yeah, that's the ticket.
hugs, Brandi

Also, my 2003 Cummins dually (423,000 miles) is lowest to the ground than any one ton. Only Dodge seems to know how to make a highway hauler that hugs the ground at high speed. All others are 6 or more inches taller than mine. She sits so low, I have had logs stacked on the trailer enough to make the truck's mud flaps drag. But I trimmed them after one was almost ripped off when I backed a load up at the local truck stop. Ouch!
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #455  
25_cent_score,
Because that is a chevy thing. Why do I need a step anyway? When I can use the step in the center or the jack pad on the trailer. Maybe I can get you to come down and cut steps in my bumper's corners. Maybe take the bed off and put on a flat bed with a built in ladder. Yeah, that's the ticket.
hugs, Brandi
If you get a good flat bed you won’t need a built in ladder because you would have a step all the way across the rear.

And you wouldn’t want to cut steps in that shinny bumper when you could just get a good welded bumper with steps built in.

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #456  
If you get a good flat bed you won’t need a built in ladder because you would have a step all the way across the rear.

And you wouldn’t want to cut steps in that shinny bumper when you could just get a good welded bumper with steps built in.

If you had a flatbed you probably wouldn’t be climbing on the bed very often anyway because you can reach access it.

Nope, don't like shiny. Everything is red. Just go ahead and drop off a new truck all deck out.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #459  
If you had a flatbed you probably wouldn’t be climbing on the bed very often anyway because you can reach access it.
For most things you are able to do that. We had one with a greenLee box that you had to climb up to get to.

I finally took the time to weld the chain on the CAT's grader blade. Here it is in position to weld on the chain tomorrow. I backed the CAT into the barn so I can position the bucket in the blade's pocket...rain or shine tomorrow.
CAT 8 Foot Grader Blade Ready for Chain Welding.jpg
The CAT is hiding behind the blade in the photo.
hugs, Brandi