My Thoughts On Modern Day Tractors

/ My Thoughts On Modern Day Tractors #81  
LS, Kioti and Branson are handicapped by only having compact tractors in the USA product line.
Yet Kioti also offers zero turn mowers and UTV's
Not forfeiting the established customer who now wants a 100-horsepower tractor is another advantage for Deere and Kubota.
Ls offers the MT7 series in 100 HP.
Kioti offers the PX series in 93, 103 and 110 HP.

/ My Thoughts On Modern Day Tractors #82  
You want close to 3000 pounds at full lift the BL 45 on a 7845,
you want over 3000 pounds at full lift height a BL 50 on a Branson 8050, actually 3600 pounds.

Attachments

• 7845 8050-P7-7845Specs-PRESS1-low(2).pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 101
   / My Thoughts On Modern Day Tractors
   / My Thoughts On Modern Day Tractors #84  
How would I run something like this on a compact tractor? Or are you suggesting I get a skid loader?
I was suggesting a Toolcat.

We use a 7' brush hog:
P5260002.JPG

Or a 6' finish mower:
PA080002.JPG

The cab keeps me cool and out of the dust (y)

Last edited:
   / My Thoughts On Modern Day Tractors
Check out the link in @Xfaxman's signature... incredible machine. I wish I had seen that before buying my Kioti... I may have went that route.
So to make sure I understand you, you are suggesting this as a machine to run a flail on?

/ My Thoughts On Modern Day Tractors #89  
So to make sure I understand you, you are suggesting this as a machine to run a flail on?
No, I was saying that this machine is often overlooked by those looking for right "tractor" to perform a list of tasks. My main use is brush hogging, second would be maintenance of wooded trails. I never knew these existed when I was tractor shopping but would appear to be better suited to my main uses, perhaps much better than the "best tractor for the job" that I wound up buying. The Telehandler seems to tick a lot of boxes in your list of requirements.

/ My Thoughts On Modern Day Tractors #90  
Just read all 9 pages. And I am still confused about exactly what you are looking for.

But I think you are getting on the right track with sizing.

Your mistake is trying to compare a Deere 3000 series or a Kubota lx with a Ford 3000.

A Ford 3000 would compare to a mx, large grand L or Deere 4000 series.

Quit using the terminology like utility, compact utility, and mid size utility. There are no hard and fast rules that define those sizes.

Rather look at 3 things to get a "feel" for tractor size. 1. Weight 2. Tire size 3. Wheelbase. And rest assured there are dozens of models today that compare real nicely to a 3000....with similar HP.

Another thing to consider is that HST tractors are less pto HP than their gear siblings. So while you are glazing over looking at specs...this may be some of your confusion about today's tractors being under powered.

But in general....tractors of today are a higher HP/weight than tractors of the past. The 3000 ford was known as a high HP to weight machine. But even it can be best today with several models that have a higher HP to weight ratio.