My vintage workhorses

/ My vintage workhorses #21  
Yeah, I'm seeing that over there, IHCrules (can I call you IHC?). I was going to go out and search on what they are selling for. Have you ever been to any <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.maineantiquetractorclub.com/>MATC</A> functions? They're going to have their tractor festival in Farmington this Fri-Sun, and I was just talking to pfoxy about going. He may be too far away, and he was asking if I went to Owl's Head. I'm working the weekend of the Owl's Head truck/tractor meet (July 27-28). I think I'll head over to Farmington Saturday. I was a member for two years, but let it go because I wasn't doing anything with it. We also like the Cumberland Fair because of it's museums and large amount of Ag displays.

BTW, thanks for the clue on the hydraulics - I appreciated that but didn't say so. SO! I'm going to stick with the newer stuff as much as possible, although I really like the 8N's/Jubilee/and 600/800 series.

/ My vintage workhorses #22  
Rich, I'm picking up clues about that from my wife, too. She surprised me the other day when she showed more than polite interest in a JD at a dealer. I've been bothering her about what I'm looking at for weeks, and this board actually is keeping me off her back about it, and helping me be more tolerable at work. My boss was talking about the new Harley Road Kings, and I asked him if they came with a 3 pt hitch /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif.

/ My vintage workhorses #23  
The 801 is an awesome, awesome tractor.They are everythhing a tractor should be. Ford outdid themselves on that one. the 2,3, & 4000's are nice as well. The Massey Ferguson 135 is a good little rig. My best friend has one with a Du-All loader. It's indestructable!!!
Never been too a Maine Antique tractor function. They put a display in the Maine Mall once in a while though.

/ My vintage workhorses #24  
Ebay has a lot of vintage tractors. I sorta got my Farmall through ebay. A guy had advertised a couple tractorsd, not exactly what I wanted, but close. So, I dropped him a line, and asked if he had anything else. He had the Farmall "A" I bought sitting in the barn, but not yet advertised..

/ My vintage workhorses
Robert, to me, getting a tractor off e-bay is a wild concept. I know they sell almost anything on e-bay, and ship by all kinds of means, but I'm used to people buying something and then have it mailed to them. Mailing a tractor is kind of tough to conceive!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Big box, and how many stamps would it take???/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ My vintage workhorses #26  
Rich & the rest of the guys here: I just got my 1979 Ford 1700 delivered....been out taking 35mm pix; gotta go sign out the digital Kodak from work, then I'll show you. Were do we cross the line from old to vintage? I think the 1700 is a little young. You can go read specs on <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=buynh&Number=159942&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=>Ford 1700 4wd</A>.

Thanks for all your advice, and I'm still looking for that vintage deal.

/ My vintage workhorses
Mark, congratulations!!!! I think the 1700 is a very nice tractor!!! I think you did very well!!! I wouldn't worry about the lack of power steering either. I don't have it on my Fergie, which is similar in size, and have never had any problems. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Fergie is heavier.

And it's 23 years old, I don't know the definition of vintage tractors, but it works for me!!! You got yourself a vintage Ford!!! Besides, we have to keep this vintage forum going, or it may disappear!!!

Of course, you have to keep looking for your next tractor, even if it is years down the road. We agreed that the search is half the fun!!

Now get to those pictures!!!

/ My vintage workhorses #28  
Ta Da! I'm jumping up & down inside. Don't know what those lines are, had to resize picture to get it to "take". Guess it didn't all "go". I gotta go, so I'll fix it later.

Attachments

• 44-160292-1700Right1.JPG
    44-160292-1700Right1.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 113
   / My vintage workhorses #29  
<font color=blue>"Don't know what those lines are,..."</font color=blue>

What lines? I don't see no d _ _ _ lines! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Nice looking tractor!/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif