My work shop build in progress

/ My work shop build in progress #301  
There was an episode of Homestead Rescue where they built a huge part of the house from recycled tires. They had a permit to do this, but if they did not use the tires for the house, they risked a huge fine. I forget all the details, but they must of had over a thousand tires on that wall, and then they covered them in cob, or something like that. In that show, it was approved and considered a good way to deal with old tires.

/ My work shop build in progress
There was an episode of Homestead Rescue where they built a huge part of the house from recycled tires. They had a permit to do this, but if they did not use the tires for the house, they risked a huge fine. I forget all the details, but they must of had over a thousand tires on that wall, and then they covered them in cob, or something like that. In that show, it was approved and considered a good way to deal with old tires.
I remember that episode they couple had been struggling to complete their home with in a certain time frame otherwise the property would be considered a dump ground and the fine would have been a per tire number.
I think Marty Rainey said something about there being 30,000 or more tires. It was a lot of work to shore up some of what had been done and I'm sure there were a lot more persons involved in the completion of the project than what was shown on TV but that id as they say show buis. I like watching the series even though I know from first hand experiences that many of the things they pull off are staged and downplayed never the less if someone watches with an open mind to the methodology and the outcome of the projects there can be some very informative ideas for uses of upcycling many things

I had a 20 ft shipping container next to the outside of the west wall at the South west corner but my friend bought a house about 30 miles from me so we moved it over there. it was full of their furniture and stuff. this left the west corner wide open except for the tarp that came half way down from the top. So Sunday the wife and I used the other half of that tarp to cover the rest of that wall and the South wall

Attachments

• IMG_20211017_171740ww.jpg
    IMG_20211017_171740ww.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 129
   / My work shop build in progress #304  
Lots of wind flappers there.
hugs, Brandi

these 2 green tarps were at one time the sides of a trailer the top section had torn but the sides were still in good shape they have 5/16"steel cables embedded in the edge, so I took advantage of that and clamped 1 end to the column then with a come along I was able to stretch the tarps really tight. each 9ft by 48ft section weighs about 300 lbs or about 2 times as thick as a heavy cargo tarp for a flat bed

/ My work shop build in progress #306  
Good job Frank. Keep'em tight.
hugs, Brandi

/ My work shop build in progress #307  
Frank - how's your shop progress? I liked seeing your pictures.
I created an account here, just to reply and bring this up, hopefully to catch your eye.
Quite a project you have, much different environment there than here in the frozen tundra.

/ My work shop build in progress #308  
Absolutely amazing work and Enginuity, you have given me a few ideas. Thanks for sharing all of that hard work.

Wi Dan; lately I have been concentrating on development of a special project for a friend of mine, he and I hope to go into manufacturing once all testing is complete but it is nowhere near ready for prime-time publication just yet.
I can already see though if we do start up manufacturing the project, we are working on I will need to add an additional 30x40 extension to the front of the shop and probably a 70x 80 to the rear which has put me in the scrounging mode for cheap and or free materials again. I think I almost have enough for the 30x40 on hand but my stock piles are getting smaller and smaller.
But I have been working on my crane that will mount on the orange pedestal.
Starting out I needed to clean out the bores of the cylinders and make sure there was no surface rust so I made a 10ft long extension for a 3 stone hone I would have preferred a beaded hone for this but couldn't justify buying 2 different sizes for the job one of which would have cost $50.00 Since I already owned a Lysle 2 to 7" 3 stone with new stones it was a no brainer. To stabilize and center the long shaft in the bore I made several disk out of 1/2" thick nylon Then swabbed the cylinders several times to get all of the honing oil and any debris out of them

Attachments

• IMG_20211003_114416as.jpg
    IMG_20211003_114416as.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20211003_122025as.jpg
    IMG_20211003_122025as.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20211003_150605as.jpg
    IMG_20211003_150605as.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
   / My work shop build in progress #310  
Good to hear your future is bright!
Nice job with the hone -- I think? I'm not familiar with what you're doing. I'm sure your resourcefullness will be successful.