National I.D. Card

/ National I.D. Card #2  
Any other time, I would expect tremendous opposition, but right now, I don't know. For me personally, I have no problem with it.

Bird

/ National I.D. Card #3  
One more card in my wallet wouldn't bother me at all, and if it prevents anyone from pretending to be me (Lord knows why anyone would do that /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif), I'm all for it.

Of course, I haven't had much time to think how it could be used against me yet. Bet somebody on this board will fill in that blank. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ National I.D. Card #4  
I'm all for a expelling non-citizens who can't demonstrate a legitimate reason for being here (and obtaining flight training is no longer a legit reason, IMHO). Send 'em home.

As far as national ID cards go, what's to keep them from being counterfeited?

/ National I.D. Card #5  
The States already issue ID cards. Every Adult is suppose to have one. If you don't. the police can throw you in the hooscow until you are identified. I don't see any purpose in them. It may help some of these scairdy cats sleep better at night, but I think they just need to enforce the law that exsists.
I have it from good sources that in Mexico, one can buy phony ID's, green cards, social security cards, ect. I'm sure they would find a way to counterfeit those too.

Ernie

/ National I.D. Card #6  
<font color=blue>what's to keep them from being counterfeited?</font color=blue>

As I understand it, the card will include a digitized version of your thumbprint embedded in its data strip. Your thumbprint also becomes part of a massive database. A security station, such as might be found at airports, would include a card reader and a thumbprint scanner. The data on the card must match your actual thumbprint in order to prove that you are you.

Sounds kinda science fictiony, but the technology exists and is available for free from Oracle. Counterfeiting would be virtually impossible.

HarvSig.gif

/ National I.D. Card
Ernie,

I think the new card is intended to contain more positive identification other than a picture or number. The suggestion in the report was that an electronic finger print was embedded in the card or some such thing. This would allow readings of the finger print and comparision to the card to validate the person holding the card.

When I was to young to drink beer it sure wasn't a problem to get a fake I.D. and I suspect your correct, some smart folks will figure a way around most anything given enough time and money./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Al

/ National I.D. Card #8  
Guys I'm against a National I.D. card. This is just another excuse for the government to erode more of our rights in the name of security. It was only 64 years ago that Adolf ****** ask his people to give up private ownership of firearms in exchange for safer streets.What it got them was enslavement from a madman. What needs to be done is for a true immigration policy that keeps illegal aliens out of the USA and keeps tabs on those on visas (this legislation was inacted in 1996 and gutted by the politicians in 2000 and then was not enforced by the INS).
Benjamin Franklin said it best when he said that " A man who would give up his liberty for security deserves neither."

/ National I.D. Card #9  
I could not at the moment see any problems.They already know more about me than I do myself. If it would help eliminate the illegals coming into this country I think it would be good.

/ National I.D. Card #10  
<font color=blue>another excuse for the government to erode more of our rights</font color=blue>

This is exactly the kind of discussion I usually try to stay out of, but I feel compelled to flaunt my naivete one more time --

Exactly what rights or liberties would I be giving up by having a card that allows me to prove I'm me? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif