Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #31  
I am looking for a grapple for my Kioti DK40, I was getting ready to buy the EA grapple.
But that seems out of the question now. Most of what I find are for SkidSteers and weigh over 700lbs, bigger and heavier than what I want. I'm just going to be cleaning up/making brush piles, moving some pine logs 6-8' long. Any suggestions for a good replacement for the now apparently defunct EA grapple? TIA
Everything Attachment is still there.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #32  
Good thread👍
Talk about making lemonade out of lemons....
I canceled my cc order with EA for the 60" grapple Monday morning.

Did a little research and found one I liked more because it has a double clamp. So today I ordered, through a local dealer, a Precision Big Mouth 327 grapple. $3,900, delivered to the dealer. 5 weeks to shipping so it should be here about the same time as the EA....about $800 more, but I like it better.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #33  
I'm extremely happy with my WR Long OBG-2 grapple. I bought it in 2011 and have used it almost exclusively since then, I rarely ever have my bucket on my tractor.
I've used it for anything and everything, take a look at this thread for some pics:

I ended up buying my father the 48" version for his smaller tractor (I have the 64"). This is by far the best implement purchase I've ever made. I never did see what all the fuss about EA was for, seems more like marketing than anything, and even when they were around I still felt the WR Long was a better company with a superior product, with worse marketing....
www.wrlonginc.com

IMG_9327.jpeg

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)
Hmmm decisions decisions. Lots of options to choose from. I prefer the style of the WR Long OBG-2 or the MTL grapple. I just need to find a dealer for the WR Long grapple to get pricing. The nearest WR Long dealer to me, according to their web page, has been out of business for 6 years!!

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #35  
Hmmm decisions decisions. Lots of options to choose from. I prefer the style of the WR Long OBG-2 or the MTL grapple. I just need to find a dealer for the WR Long grapple to get pricing. The nearest WR Long dealer to me, according to their web page, has been out of business for 6 years!!
I do wish they sold direct and not through a dealer network. You find that with 10 minutes of research you know more about the product than the dealers do. Luckily it's just a one time process because once you buy one you will never regret that purchase! Try giving them a call on the phone.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #36  
Most any tractor dealer can get items from W.R. Long. Many dealers use them for 3rd function kits.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)
Found out the closest tractor dealer to me, 70 miles away, caries multiple lines of grapples... time for a road trip.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #38  
Found out the closest tractor dealer to me, 70 miles away, caries multiple lines of grapples... time for a road trip.
Be sure to update the grapple photo thread when you get it dirty!

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #39  
Much like Piston - I had the Kubota dealer install the grapple & WR Long 3rd function nine years ago. I've not had a reason to remove it since that time.

It's the most expensive implement I own and the most used.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #40  
I got one of these yesterday. My main use is for brush and limbs. After having owned both styles, I prefer the long bottom tine style for my needs. The teeth are a little farther out away from the grill of tractor and I can see them better. I also like being able to stack logs/limbs into it and by tilting down to about 45 degrees it works decently as a clam style to grab piles. Shipping $99.

Attachments

• Tomahawk Grapple.JPG
    Tomahawk Grapple.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 73