Need a pic of where the PB hydraulic return line is off of 3120 or 3320

/ Need a pic of where the PB hydraulic return line is off of 3120 or 3320 #1  

charosenz

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 JD4520, also (sold) 2008 JD 3203 with 300cx loader
I need some help from an owner of a 3120 or 3320 to take a pic for me of their PB Hydraulic Return line that is show as number 34 in the schematic below. It goes from the PB SCV to the Hydraulic tank.

This would really help me to see if the same port is on my 3203 hydraulic tank/transmission.

The reason I am asking is because JD does not make a PB kit for the 3203 model....

I really appreciate it.

Charlie

Attachments

• hydraulic return line off of 3120 and 3320.gif
    hydraulic return line off of 3120 and 3320.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 356
   / Need a pic of where the PB hydraulic return line is off of 3120 or 3320 #2  
PB34.jpg
Line 34 - 2007 3320 CAB It's the line with the white label tag.

/ Need a pic of where the PB hydraulic return line is off of 3120 or 3320 #3  
Some more pics, 3320 open station.
Power beyond 001.jpg Power beyond 002.jpg Power beyond 003.jpg

/ Need a pic of where the PB hydraulic return line is off of 3120 or 3320
Eric,

Great pics thanks. Looks like you sent out there in the dark with a light to take these pics, that is really above and beyond, thanks.

I just want to try to make sure I am oriented on the location. Looks like this is next to a lift arm (right or left?) and it looks like it is just below the yellow transmission filler cap?

Thanks.

Charlie

/ Need a pic of where the PB hydraulic return line is off of 3120 or 3320 #5  
No problem, tractor is in my well lit garage and the camera flash went off for some of those.

Looking from the rear of the tractor its on the right side of the top link casting (just below the top of it) and to the left of the right side lift arm.

Yeah, just below the filler cap.

Eric,

Here is a pic of mine, and yes, I have a plug there, and I am sure it serves the same purpose. I am on my way to town to get the right wrench for that. I thought it was 1" but I suspect it is a 24mm and I just don't have one.

Thanks a ton. Once I verify this will work for my return, I can start my 3rd and 4th function PB kit.

Charlie (another Pacific NW guy)

Attachments

• 3203 my oil return plug.jpg
    3203 my oil return plug.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 399
   / Need a pic of where the PB hydraulic return line is off of 3120 or 3320 #7  
All metric on the JD. Look forward to seeing your project unfold. :thumbsup:

/ Need a pic of where the PB hydraulic return line is off of 3120 or 3320 #8  
Good luck!

I installed the JD electric diverter valve kit to get a 3rd and 4th function (top n tilt) on my 3320. Only use the PB for the backhoe.

BT,

Thanks, It was a good excuse for me to get a large set of metric end wrenches and sockets.

24mm was dead on and it was exactly as Eric102's 3320 return line is located, just as I had hoped. I know the 3203 is the step child of the 20 series, but thankfully there are many things that are the same with 3120 and the 3320, etc.

I will create a thread on the PB for the 3203 when I do it. For the sake of my marriage, it will probably happen in stages. A 2 spool prince valve and a set of hoses plumbed out to a QD couplings off the back like the Kubota does (OH NO) will be a good first stage....

Eric,

I plan to use a diverter valve for my grapple up front, but still a full PB for the TNT and maybe a stump grinder for the rear. I wont have a BH on this tractor, I just cannot justify it, and it really is pushing this tractor a bit beyond its capabilities.

Thanks again for all your help.

Charlie