3-Point Hitch Need advice on top link height with finishing mower

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower
Don't know how old this mower is, but.. I'm back to my original suggestion of extending that flex hinge's mounting point to be about 3" higher.

ie: That point at 19" in your 2nd pic, move it up about 3" using bar stock. Bolt and weld the new bar stock to the uprights using a pipe as a spacer to maintain the separation. Then shorten the flex hitch by about and inch ('cause it really is too long) and mount it using the raised point.
The dealership hopefully will be installing longer mounting points. Thank you for the suggestion.

I have a very similar setup. JD 870, Frontier 6 ft finish mower. If i remember correctly, The manual say that the top link should be lined up with the pins on lift arms. If that]s the case, your top link needs to be much shorter. The top link on my setup is almost parallel to the ground. Has worked great for the past 4 years.
That's just it. I purchased an 18 inch (very short) top link yesterday to see if that would work and the photo I posted here originally is with the shorter top link. The problem is that the mower is too close and too low because of wrong hardware on the mower. I think. LOL!

I had a similar problem with about 10 acres, approximately 1/4 acre of which is sort of flat and the rest cut up and rough. JWR’s and other’s chain suggestion is probably the most cost effective solution. I went with a hydraulic top link hooked to a rear remote with float function. I can, and do, flip it up to cross the creeks or load it on the trailer, put it in float when mowing to follow ground contour, take it out of float to raise over obstacles, all very quickly without leaving the seat or stopping. I’m aware that’s not a cheap solution but it’s a really sweet setup.

It’s also very nice for grading work to have hydraulic top and side link so it’s not strictly for mowing. At times, floating the side link is better for some grading operations which can be done by swapping the remote connections.
Thanks for your input. I've been wanting a hydraulic top link for a while now.

you might want to go back and look at my post, its a very simple thing to try to see if it fixes it.
If the dealer doesn't come through, I'll try that if the angle will allow it to fit the rear mounting hole.

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower #77  
Even with the wrong linkage if you are getting enough articulation that the hitch is hitting your pto shaft that is a lot of travel.
One thing that I noticed is that trailer ball on your drawbar, when using my brushhog on my 3 point I have to slid my drawbar in to shorten it and swing it sideways to avoid the drawbar getting into the pto shaft.

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower #78  
I’ve been around tractors for a good while but this is really confusing to me. I must be missing something. I purchased a 7 foot finishing mower for my tractor and the top link is too high on my tractor or the floating top link on the mower is too low. I purchased an 18 inch top link at HF just to see if that would fix the problem because mine was too long. Now the top link bangs up against the driveshaft which will not work. See photos and any advice will be appreciated.
View attachment 710661View attachment 710662
Replace the top link with a short length of chain.. Much better, as it only has to function to raise the deck.

Even with the wrong linkage if you are getting enough articulation that the hitch is hitting your pto shaft that is a lot of travel.
One thing that I noticed is that trailer ball on your drawbar, when using my brushhog on my 3 point I have to slid my drawbar in to shorten it and swing it sideways to avoid the drawbar getting into the pto shaft.
I don’t have my drawbar on the tractor. The top link upper plate is hitting my pto shaft. You’re right that there’s A LOT of travel.

Replace the top link with a short length of chain.. Much better, as it only has to function to raise the deck.
The dealership is currently trying to right a wrong. If they don’t come through, I’ll try it. Thank you!