3-Point Hitch Need advice on top link height with finishing mower

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower #81  
Yep, I had the wrong tractor picture in mind.

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower #82  
Have some bar stock that you could use to raise that mounting point?

Or, since that flex hitch can swivel 360*, maybe have it up instead of down? As long as it can still pivot with the dips and lift the mower when needed.
I agree… it the top link is “up” it will clear the shaft. But what other issues could it cause ? (Unintended consequences!)

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower #83  
When you lift the mower it should remain level at about a foot off the ground if adjusted properly.

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower
When you lift the mower it should remain level at about a foot off the ground if adjusted properly.

With the current situation, it only lifts the front of the mower.

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower #85  
The top piece that the top link is attached to is being allowed to rotate down. It is designed to only rotate in the up position. Others have commented and posted pictures on how to prevent this and even to not use the top link.

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower #86  
The top piece that the top link is attached to is being allowed to rotate down. It is designed to only rotate in the up position. Others have commented and posted pictures on how to prevent this and even to not use the top link.
Wrong. Read the manual.

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower #87  
In Post #68 the OP said the dealer is taking care of all this. He had the wrong hardware. Isn't that the end of this until we hear further from the OP ??

/ Need advice on top link height with finishing mower
Final update......

Service department called me an hour ago and has ordered all the correct parts and asked if I would mind putting them on myself and of course I don't mind at all. Thanks again for everyone's contribution to this thread. This forum has and will always be my go-to for tractor knowledge. Everyone have a great week!

Last edited: