Need Advice

/ Need Advice #11  
People will often do this mistake, staying at 25HP to avoid emissions, only to find out they didn't bought a tractor with enough HP for their tasks.

Most DPF problems result from people not using their tractors hard enough.

If you're really afraid of the emissions, get a Branson. While it's cheaper, doesn't mean it's a lesser tractor than the others. Actually, comparing specs, it will come out on top. The cool thing about Branson, is that if the emissions will end up giving problems, you can simply unplug the datalogger, gut the DPF or replace with a muffler and you're off with a perfectly good running tractor without all the emissions. They use a fully mechanical Kukje/Cummins engine that doesn't need any electronics to run.

/ Need Advice
1. Don't worry about the DOC/DPF Tier4 emissions on the CK3510. I will say, your going to have to work the diesel a little more than normal. By that I mean, most will drive their tractors at 1500-1800 rpm. But with a DPF, your going to be 1800-2100rpm. This keeps the exhaust hotter, and encourages automatic burning of the soot that collects in the DPF. Burning of the soot is referred to as a regen. My CK4010 runs a regen about every 27 hours. It does it automatically while I am working. When I spot it doing a regen from smoke and smell, I just give the throttle another 200rpm to increase exhaust temperature and encourages a clean burn out of the DPF. Then your good for another 27 hours. From this tractor forums, the two factors that greatly impact a plugging of the DPF is a bad injector pumping more fuel than needed. And a leaking Turbo seal. Since the CK3510 has no turbo, this becomes a non issue for you.

2. The backhoe does need a set of rear remotes. But I do not think it's automatically included. The only model where rear remotes are included as standard equipment, is the Cab models, which include dual remotes. But discuss this issue with your dealer. And make your decesion quickly.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve been driving trucks that regen now for years and know how they work, but they also used DEF fluid which we don’t have the Kioti. Most all problems I encountered with the regen was with equipment that was all stop and go, for instance garbage and recycling trucks. Our dump trucks or loaders never had many problems because the engines were usually working harder.
I know I need a set of remotes for the backhoe, but it was my understanding that when you add them for the backhoe, it was automatically a duel remote setup. That’s what I have saw in the videos. I’m just wondering if it changed. My salesman is useless. He knows nothing about tractors.I asked about a hydraulic top link, and he didn’t know what that was. I think he’s just a salesman, a poor one at that, nothing more.

/ Need Advice #13  
The CK3510 is a good tractor. I had one and never had an issue with it.

/ Need Advice #14  
I wouldn't hesitate to get the 3510, but I am a little biased ;). Mine came with two remotes in the rear, I ran hoses from there up to the front for my grapple and use the other for the backhoe. I haven't had any problems with the tractor with over 400 hours in six years. I usually run about 2200 to 2400 rpm in low gear and 4 wheel drive as my property is all hills and my gravel drive is 1/2 a mile long with two areas of 35 degree hills.

/ Need Advice #15  
Sailorman3, if your dealer will upgrade you to the CK3510 for just $1000, I, too, would do that. I would certainly not fear the Tier 4 emissions controls on that tractor. I think in retrospect you will appreciate having the higher hp.

/ Need Advice #16  
It does seem you can always spent another $2k more and get the next level up. I am from Canada and just bought a CX2510MB (Manual transmission), which is smaller then the CK2610 but same engine I believe. I did not take the 0% financing so I ended up with a FEL (KL2510C) included, plus block heater and two rear remotes for $21K cdn plus tax. This is my first tractor for snow blowing , I bought a 60 inch Meteor pull type blower. The dealer says he prefers the manual over HST for the following reasons (1) Less warm up time needed due to the HST in our Canadian Climate (2) the manual has more pulling power. Don't know if this is all true but it sounded reasonable to me. All I know is that like everything else in the Covid world if you don't move fast it will sell out and you will have to settle for some other model or brand. I heard that the local Kubota dealer which is very large is almost sold out for the year and the Kioti dealer is not sure if he can get any more CX2510's. (I took the last one ). Best of luck in your purchase.

Off topic but can you post a pic of the 2 rear remotes? My dealer said they only had an option for 1 set.

/ Need Advice #17  
I had a DEF conversation today at church with a deacon who is the shop manager at our local John Deere dealer. He said the easiest way to avoid DEF issues is to run the engine at full speed / 540 PTO speed no matter what you are doing. He said that will also give you the longest time period between regen cycles. I would upgrade the tractor for $1000.

/ Need Advice #18  
I had a DEF conversation today at church with a deacon who is the shop manager at our local John Deere dealer. He said the easiest way to avoid DEF issues is to run the engine at full speed / 540 PTO speed no matter what you are doing. He said that will also give you the longest time period between regen cycles. I would upgrade the tractor for $1000.

I don’t know about full speed but they’re definitely happier not idling.

/ Need Advice #19  
Off topic but can you post a pic of the 2 rear remotes? My dealer said they only had an option for 1 set.
I am new to tractors and perhaps I worded it incorrectly sorry , there is a single pair of hydraulic connections (two connections total to run the snow blower chute rotator)

/ Need Advice #20  
In the past few years, I had more machines with DPF than without (couple of track loaders, several excavators, several tractors). No problems to date, but I do not baby any of them nor lug them around... I just got the wife a Kubota LX3310 that has DPF snd turbo.

If you play the what could go wrong game, you would never buy a new car or truck , the electronics will make you want a 1955 chevy when they go bad...I have had more problems from 2020 F150 than any DPF piece of equipment.

I will admit, I have never owned a Kioti but their quality seems to be as good as the other major brands.

Bottom line, its your money and your choice to get your tractor... good luck!

Totally get your point. For me I try to avoid issues if I can find them. My only point was I’d rather a non emission machine than an emissions machine. Sort of like avoiding a Ford Fiesta automatic with the dual clutch trans which seems to have been nothing but trouble so I got a manual.

Interesting you call out a f150. Been looking at them myself. Seems the 10 speed tranny is problematic versus the 6. Not sure if a 2020 thing as I’m looking at CPO 2019.

Anyway I’m still scared of the DPF.

Joel