need air compressor opinions

/ need air compressor opinions #41  
Personally, whenever i run a compressor circuit i run 10/2 so it can be upped to 30 amps if they ever increase the compressor in the future. Easier to run it one time.

This is good advice. It will cost a few dollars more to run the 10/2,but will be worth it if you ever upgrade. Using the 10/2 wire will also help compensate for any voltage drop if you have to run the wire for a distance.

/ need air compressor opinions #42  
yup.. aand in most shops your only talking 20 feet of wire on average.

/ need air compressor opinions
well.. i went with a husky (ch rebrand) 60g upright.

already got it home, wires and plumbed.

man it's great. got a t on the bung and run one side fo the t for the big half inch line for the 3/4 and 1" tools, and the other sid eof the t feeds a 1/4 and 3/8 line and the line for my regulated / dedicated paint sprayer hose.. etc.

now.. just need a project to use it on.. :)

thanks for the comments guys.

soundguy

/ need air compressor opinions #44  
well.. i went with a husky (ch rebrand) 60g upright.

already got it home, wires and plumbed.

man it's great. got a t on the bung and run one side fo the t for the big half inch line for the 3/4 and 1" tools, and the other sid eof the t feeds a 1/4 and 3/8 line and the line for my regulated / dedicated paint sprayer hose.. etc.

now.. just need a project to use it on.. :)

thanks for the comments guys.

soundguy

With a big compressor like that you ought to sandblast and paint something. You've got to have some old equipment sitting around that needs a new coat of paint.

i paint all my tractors. just finished up a couple within the last 6 weeks.

might own a sand blast cabinet for small parts one day.. but nothing for big stuff..

soundguy

/ need air compressor opinions #46  
i paint all my tractors. just finished up a couple within the last 6 weeks.

might own a sand blast cabinet for small parts one day.. but nothing for big stuff..

soundguy

I have one of those blast cabinets, and it does a pretty good job on smaller parts. I personally would never see a need for a large blast unit. I can take my larger projects to a local blaster and get them done pretty cheaply and safely. I see the mess thats created when they blast the large dirty stuff and i personally dont want any of that on or near my shop :confused2:

yep.. only blasting I would do is if it is self contained.

a small cabinet from hf might be good if one goes on sale as a kit or soemthing.. something I could roll out.. plug in air... toss in part.. put on protectiver gear... blast and go..

maybee.. :)

/ need air compressor opinions #48  
I had a blast cabinet with glass beads instead of sand. It was just incredibly helpful for removing rust from anything that couldn't have the rust quickly removed with the wire wheel on the bench grinder.

i may hit harbor freight this weekend and check out their cabinets...

/ need air compressor opinions #50  
i may hit harbor freight this weekend and check out their cabinets...
thats what i had..the harbor freight special. After putting in a good glass jelly jar light and taping over all the joints it actually works great. Has a vacuum to suck all residue. I also use glass bead so as not to worry about silicosis issues.

Does a good job on small parts prior to painting.