Need electrical HELP LK3054 Alternator

/ Need electrical HELP LK3054 Alternator #1  

philshel

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054
I just found that the wires that connect to the rear of the alternator via the four connector plug have been ripped or chewed out of the connector. I have a manual but the wire colors/numbers do not match with the schematic. The plug has places for four separate connections but it appears as only two were used and I have about eight wires hanging loose with no idea what was where. It's a '90 model, can someone post or email a couple of good photos of the connector and wire loom for me.

Thanks,
Phil Adkins
philadkins@gmail.com

/ Need electrical HELP LK3054 Alternator #2  
I dont know if this will help you cause my tractor is an 2002.

Attachments

• DSC00026.JPG
    DSC00026.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 250
   / Need electrical HELP LK3054 Alternator
Dirtnut,
Thanks much, the pictures are perfect but it is a different alternator and does not correlate well to mine.

/ Need electrical HELP LK3054 Alternator #4  
Dirtnut,
Can you post a pic or two of your rig and its wires, etc. And what make and model alternator you have on your rig. This may help someone here to determine what you need to do.
In the meantime try tracing backwards where the wires go to on your tractor's engine- this might narrow down what came from where, and eliminate unconnected wires from your choices.
Also send a pm to Wallace Equipment, they may be able to send you a schematic for your setup.
Post back results.

/ Need electrical HELP LK3054 Alternator #5  
I think you want (philshel) to take pictures, i did post pictures of my alternator.I have the shop manual with the wiring diagrams but it may not help due to the age differance.If you want them let me know i can try to take pictures of them and post them.

/ Need electrical HELP LK3054 Alternator #6  
If you provide the serial number of the tractor, we can help get things back where they belong.

All KIOTI Schematic color codes refer the the Harness wire color. The final wire tail and harness colors don't always match (some fru-pa-pa in the purchasing system). With the serial number we can figure out the wiring pattern.

/ Need electrical HELP LK3054 Alternator #7  
Dirtnut,
You are correct- sorry- I wasn't paying close enough attention
:eek:

Thanks all for the help. I will post my serial and some photos as soon as I get the opportunity (once the rain drops down to a simple deluge). As I stated earlier, my schematic not only has different colors but also fewer wires listed. It may be a replacement/adapted alternator for all I know as I am the second owner.

OK folks I finally got some (blurry) photos of the alternator and wires. The serial number is:
826500612. There is a white plug which is visible in the photos, it had two connectors in it, one in the upper right spot and the other in the lower left. The wire colors are; 1 black, 1 blue, 1 red, 1 white, and 1 black with a yellow stripe.

Attachments

• alt1.jpg
    alt1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 376
  • alt2.jpg
    alt2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 354
  • alt3.jpg
    alt3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 261