Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies.
We have a sub discussion going on in the thread titled

Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him?​

about whether law enforcement has scanners that read the denomination of bills inside people's cars, sometimes resulting in the money's confiscation and forfeiture. All of the reports of these incidents I remember were second hand information at best.

If anyone reading this has PERSONALLY been stopped by law enforcement because you were carrying a large amount of money that was detected by a scanner please describe your experience including how you know they used a scanner.

Note: I asked this question in a new thread because the subject isn't reflected in the title of the thread where the discussion is going on. I wanted anyone who might have been stopped because of a scanner to see it and respond.
Many thanks,
Stuck
Thinking people might have more time to go online on weekends. I'm addressing it now so it'll show up in "Todays Posts". I don't want anyone who's been stopped because a scanner counted their cash to miss it.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #52  
The committee was formed in July of 2021.

The first hearing was just 16 days ago.

Here's a link to some information about it. Let's not go into any of that in this thread please. ;)
This is round II. Round I occurred while he was still president, there was an attempt to impeach him so that he couldn't run again.

PS: Link? :D

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #53  
Let's not go into any of that in this thread please. ;)
Agreed. I had to go back and see how I got us here in the first place...

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies.
THAT would explain why I keep driving through my overhead door! :D
When I was at the dermatologist for something else, she froze a spot I didn't even know was on my old bald head. On looking in a mirror, it appears to be where, I've repeatedly bumped it on the overhead door.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #55  
I think somebodies aluminum foil hat is a size or two too small.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #56  
   / Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #58  
On that note, we all know that phone wire tapping has/had been going on for nearly a century. Why would any of us think that cell phone tapping would not follow, given the past history? That was expected.

I installed security cameras and video recording systems for my employer in the 80s. We had cameras looking out onto the street at all entrances as well as the internal cameras. That was expected as well. It was just a matter of time that widespread video surveillance would come.
Distant past (when I was a kid), warrants were needed for legal wire-tapping; ie. what could be used in court. So, back then, at least the illusion of citizens having some privacy protection was maintained.

FFWD to today..... frog-in-pan-boiling water.......reduce the peasants expectations to zero, and pretty much anything goes......

Telling people 30 years ago that in the future they will be continuously geo-tracked and monitored would have you classed in the white jacket/arms-locked-down crowd.....

Resistance is Futile.....

Rgds, D.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #59  
Or perhaps they are just covered by employee contracts and non-disclosure agreements.

It happens.
It certainly does, and there are serious repercussions to violating those agreements.

Similar legal pressure can be applied to someone who has been charged, and signs a deal to stay out of court.

Rgds, D.

/ Need FIRST HAND information on money scanners used through auto bodies. #60  
I think it could theoretically happen but the scanner you would need to drive through would probably look like the tunnels through downtown Atlanta. If there were RFIDs in the money.
I'd expect installations @ border crossings first, if it's doable....

Rgds, D.