Need Help B2650 Kubota

/ Need Help B2650 Kubota #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
Was out snow blowing with front blower and put pto lever in off position , blower stopped , got off seat and tractor stopped and wouldn't restart when i got back on seat . I had to play with the pto lever several times to get so it would start up again . Is there a safety switch on both the pto lever and seat ? If so can I unhook these safety switches , i have the cab model .

/ Need Help B2650 Kubota #2  
I had to disconnect the seat switch on my 2650. It would kill the engine even if I leaned forward on the seat WITHOUT the PTO running. I just pulled the plug and jumpered the contacts in the female end of the plug. It works fine now. I just have to remember to kill the PTO before I get out of the cab.

/ Need Help B2650 Kubota #3  
All of these switches love to ice up in winter, especially when doing snow clearing work, so I'd start by defrosting both of them with a hair dryer before you do anything else.

/ Need Help B2650 Kubota #4  
Yes, there are switches for both the seat and pto and there is a third that senses if the petal is in the neutral position for starting. This is the government's way of protecting you from yourself.

/ Need Help B2650 Kubota
All of these switches love to ice up in winter, especially when doing snow clearing work, so I'd start by defrosting both of them with a hair dryer before you do anything else.

Thanks but mine is kept in warm garage , so we will see what happens next time out .

/ Need Help B2650 Kubota
I am 77 and been around tractors all my life , and got along just fine without all this safety stuff . If someone is dumb enough to put their hands or other body parts where they don't belong they shouldn't have a tractor to begin with . Just my opinion

/ Need Help B2650 Kubota #7  
Same for JDs. That's one of the things we loved about the 1983 240D Benz: virtually no safety switches. There was a switch on the clutch to kick the cruise out, maybe one other one. Cannot remember what.

Could start it in gear, if you were stupid enough to do so. It would likely start and ram and hole through the garage wall, too.

Ralph