need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030 #1  

FamilyFarm

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4740HST, Kubota RTV 1140 Camo
Good evening,

I posted this last night under a different subject title. Maybe it didn't catch your attention. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
As part of my ongoing research for which of these tractors to purchase, I just realized Kubota probably prints in each manual a recommended maximum size for each implement. I am particularly interested in the rotary cutter recommendations. I need a med duty cutter, at least 6 ft wide, which probably means at least a 1000 lb. cutter. I've been assuming even the 3830 would handle that easily, but now I'm wondering what the limits are on each tractor. I realize with the FEL on, it probably would be a non-issue, but still would like to know what the manual says.
So, for those of you that own any one of these models, would you be so kind to check your manual for the recommended maximum size cutter and post the info here?
THANKS!!!!!!!
Terry

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030
Good evening,

I posted this last night under a different subject title. Maybe it didn't catch your attention. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
As part of my ongoing research for which of these tractors to purchase, I just realized Kubota probably prints in each manual a recommended maximum size for each implement. I am particularly interested in the rotary cutter recommendations. I need a med duty cutter, at least 6 ft wide, which probably means at least a 1000 lb. cutter. I've been assuming even the 3830 would handle that easily, but now I'm wondering what the limits are on each tractor. I realize with the FEL on, it probably would be a non-issue, but still would like to know what the manual says.
So, for those of you that own any one of these models, would you be so kind to check your manual for the recommended maximum size cutter and post the info here?
THANKS!!!!!!!
Terry

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030 #3  
new tractor owner here, Kubota 4630, if i remember correctly my unit is rated at a rotary cutter weight of around 800 lbs and a max of 6 ft. I bought a Rhino SE6 cutter with my tractor. 6 ft light duty unit (according to the Rhino website), Unit weighs in at 730lbs...

Don't be fooled by the light duty title on some of these units...I've looked at a LOT of 'light duty' cutters that were in the 400lb range for a 6 ft cutter. In the limited research I've done into implements, there is NO standardization as to what's meant by light duty/med duty/heavy duty. FWIW when I bought the tractor/cutter, the dealer kept referring to the cutter as a med duty cutter and based it on referring to some of the no-name light duty cutters that frankly looked like they belonged behind an ATV...Once I looked at the two units side-by-side there was NO comparison.

For SURE a 1000lb cutter is too large (per Kubota) for the Grand L series tractors, you really don't want to get in the 'tail wagging the dog' mode. If you honestly NEED a medium/heavy duty cutter, you'll probably need to go down in size.

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030 #4  
new tractor owner here, Kubota 4630, if i remember correctly my unit is rated at a rotary cutter weight of around 800 lbs and a max of 6 ft. I bought a Rhino SE6 cutter with my tractor. 6 ft light duty unit (according to the Rhino website), Unit weighs in at 730lbs...

Don't be fooled by the light duty title on some of these units...I've looked at a LOT of 'light duty' cutters that were in the 400lb range for a 6 ft cutter. In the limited research I've done into implements, there is NO standardization as to what's meant by light duty/med duty/heavy duty. FWIW when I bought the tractor/cutter, the dealer kept referring to the cutter as a med duty cutter and based it on referring to some of the no-name light duty cutters that frankly looked like they belonged behind an ATV...Once I looked at the two units side-by-side there was NO comparison.

For SURE a 1000lb cutter is too large (per Kubota) for the Grand L series tractors, you really don't want to get in the 'tail wagging the dog' mode. If you honestly NEED a medium/heavy duty cutter, you'll probably need to go down in size.

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030 #5  
I have a L3830 and use a 84" finish mower, weighs about 1000lbs and a Harley landscape rake at about 1600lbs. With the rake on back, I need the added weight of the loader to keep the front end heavy enough because on take off, the front end will lift up. The rake hangs off the back pretty far and the rear of the rake is where the weight is. The L3830 easily lifts either implement off the ground without thinking about.

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030 #6  
I have a L3830 and use a 84" finish mower, weighs about 1000lbs and a Harley landscape rake at about 1600lbs. With the rake on back, I need the added weight of the loader to keep the front end heavy enough because on take off, the front end will lift up. The rake hangs off the back pretty far and the rear of the rake is where the weight is. The L3830 easily lifts either implement off the ground without thinking about.

I have been looking at a Land Pride RCR2672, which the company calls med duty. I understand the point of how you can't go by the duty rating the manufacturer puts on it. The LP 2672 weighs in at 1,046 lbs. RaT, do you think working with a 1k lb cutter with loader arms, but no bucket would be plenty of ballast on the front end? I'm not sure how much weight the 723 or 853 loader w/o bucket adds and if enough of the weight is out front. Most of the time, the bucket wouldn't be in the way, but I have some areas it would be nice to do it without the bucket. I might just back down to the 700 lb cutter if needed. I clearly won't always need a heavier duty cutter, but could use one now.
Thanks for the help!
Terry

I have been looking at a Land Pride RCR2672, which the company calls med duty. I understand the point of how you can't go by the duty rating the manufacturer puts on it. The LP 2672 weighs in at 1,046 lbs. RaT, do you think working with a 1k lb cutter with loader arms, but no bucket would be plenty of ballast on the front end? I'm not sure how much weight the 723 or 853 loader w/o bucket adds and if enough of the weight is out front. Most of the time, the bucket wouldn't be in the way, but I have some areas it would be nice to do it without the bucket. I might just back down to the 700 lb cutter if needed. I clearly won't always need a heavier duty cutter, but could use one now.
Thanks for the help!
Terry

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030 #9  
I never mow with my loader on, it is so easy to remove and so much easier to mow with it off. I often used my 1000lb box scraper with no loader and no problems. So, yes, a 1000lb mower could be used on the L series with no problems especially if your going to leave the loader on and no bucket. My place was all hills.

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030 #10  
I never mow with my loader on, it is so easy to remove and so much easier to mow with it off. I often used my 1000lb box scraper with no loader and no problems. So, yes, a 1000lb mower could be used on the L series with no problems especially if your going to leave the loader on and no bucket. My place was all hills.