Box Scraper Need input on new box blade

/ Need input on new box blade #1  

Jeff Saunders

Tractor
Kubota M7060
I just bought king kutter box blade at Atwoods , $569 + tax. However it is red and says Pittsburgh on the side. What gives ? Is this a good blade will it hold up to medium to heavy duty work. I have a new 5010 hst mahindra with 45 hrs.

/ Need input on new box blade #2  
No one can answer your question with only two bits of data, the brand name (?) and price. Do you have a definitive model number?

What was your understanding about the implement when you shopped at 'Atwood's?' I presume the Box Blade was in inventory at time of your purchase.

/ Need input on new box blade
5 ft blade with 5 or 6 ripper teeth. Weight between 450 to 500 lb. what else ?

/ Need input on new box blade #4  
The key number is weight per foot of width. How wide?

Model number?

Do you have R1 (ag) tires or wider R4 (industrial) tires on your Mahindra?

You can't post generalities like 5 or 6 ripper teeth and 450 - 500 pounds and expect any kind of helpful reply.

/ Need input on new box blade #5  
King Kutter, Taylor Pittsburgh, TaylorWay = Same Company

The main weakness of the less expensive box blades is a lighter hitch that can bend much easier than a solid welded hitch.
There are many differences in a cheap box blade and a premium box blade besides price.
Travis

/ Need input on new box blade #6  
A 5010 needs at least a 6' wide blade that weighs at least 800+ lbs if you plan on doing any serious grading. The more weight the better. That is just my opinion.
John

/ Need input on new box blade #7  
A 5' blade won't even cover your tire tracks! All else is irrelevant. Go at least 6'.

/ Need input on new box blade #8  
A 5' blade won't even cover your tire tracks! ... Go at least 6'.
I should probably start a thread instead of asking here, but I'm gonna ask here anyway. ;)

Why is covering your track important? (I don't disagree, I just don't know) After blading I'm going to lift the 3pt and drive home over what I've just prepped, so the tire tracks are going to be there anyway. So, why is covering your tracks important when using a blade/box/scraper etc.?

/ Need input on new box blade #9  
I should probably start a thread instead of asking here, but I'm gonna ask here anyway. ;)

Why is covering your track important? (I don't disagree, I just don't know) After blading I'm going to lift the 3pt and drive home over what I've just prepped, so the tire tracks are going to be there anyway. So, why is covering your tracks important when using a blade/box/scraper etc.?

If you want to grade up against the side of a large ditch, or cliff, you can't do it if your box blade does not extend past your tires.

/ Need input on new box blade #10  
It may not be essential, but many if not most of us want the scraper to go at least to the outside edge of our tires to let us get to dirt. rocks, material you can't reach if the tire interferes with how close you can get, I prefer mine to extend well beyond my outside width to get along walls or raised borders.

EDIT: I see someone else beat me to it.