Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #81  
Yea I don’t think an Allison or 6.0 has ever been offered in a half ton suburban or Tahoe. A 2500 was offered with a 6.0 but still no Allison.
Takes me back to a clown who I met at a fuel stop about 15 years ago.
I pulled up to the pump in my new 2007 Durama/Ally 3500. Next to me was a guy with a Ford 7.3L Superduty 350 dually. He says to me “Duramax/Allison, huh?”
It was a hot summer day, I wasn’t in the mood and said “yep” and went about my business. He says back to me, “I love the Allison in my Ford”. Now keep in mind, Ford Superduty F-350s do NOT have an allison. I said something like “it’s a GM exclusive transmission”. He said “awww bulls__t, it’s an allison“. I said ”no it’s not, it’s a Ford built 4R100“. He said he got the “Allison option”. I said, “I’ll bet you $100 it’s not an allison”. He said “prove it”. I said get under your truck and I’ll show you the difference between yours and mine. I showed him mine, obviously an Allison and showed him was clearly a Ford. Then I explaiNed to him his was a Ford-built transmission. Then this dope tries to tell me “Ford owns Allison”. I told him that GM owned part of Allison transmission. At that point the guy starts getting raged because I think I ruined his day.
Has a similar incident with another dope who thought the 6L Ford diesel had “twin turbos” lol

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #82  
I have had 4 vehicles with 4 WD (currently have a 2007 Chevy Z71 and a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have not used the 4 WD in my pickup in years (no need for it) but it is there just in case. I grew up on a farm and we never used anything but 2 WD trucks. Tractors were always available if the going got too rough which was seldom. When you have 2WD, you tend to stay out of wet spots more than you do if you have 4 WD. 4WD usually just means that when you get stuck, you are very stuck.
Maybe because you have farm tractors nearby, you can do that, but many, many folks only have one truck and with 4wd it’s the only thing they have.
I have 4) larger 4WD farm tractors, but still have a 4x4 truck and Jeep Rubicon. Never know when you will be far from the tractor and need to get through some mud or snow. I find the 4wd trucks have just enough sometimes to get a load of hay out of a field or some other off road task I wouldn’t be able to complete with 2wd

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD
Maybe because you have farm tractors nearby, you can do that, but many, many folks only have one truck and with 4wd it’s the only thing they have.
I have 4) larger 4WD farm tractors, but still have a 4x4 truck and Jeep Rubicon. Never know when you will be far from the tractor and need to get through some mud or snow. I find the 4wd trucks have just enough sometimes to get a load of hay out of a field or some other off road task I wouldn’t be able to complete with 2wd

Come to think of it, the few times I got stuck I was in a 4wd truck

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #84  
Come to think of it, the few times I got stuck I was in a 4wd truck
I can safely say that also over the last 30 years, as that's all that I have owned. I also have been able to go a lot of places where I never would have in a 2 WD truck.

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #85  
To the OP 9 pages and not 1 bad post or horror story about the 2500 with the 6.0, and that's really unusual as there are always a few haters no matter the make, thirsty when towing heavy, yes, solid performer, absolutely.

To the OP 9 pages and not 1 bad post or horror story about the 2500 with the 6.0, and that's really unusual as there are always a few haters no matter the make, thirsty when towing heavy, yes, solid performer, absolutely.

I noticed that too . Been a member here since 2005, a lot of knowledge here. These guys have never led me in the wrong direction.

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #87  
I noticed that too . Been a member here since 2005, a lot of knowledge here. These guys have never led me in the wrong direction.
I think you have selected a solid truck, but 4wd will make it 3X capable and will also hold value much better than 2WD when you go to sell it.

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #88  
Great trucks in my opinion. Pulls whatever you may need, not the fastest or most efficient but they ride great and are reliable.
PXL_20210405_224115452.jpg

Well, here we are a year later and finally bought one. 2015 Silverado 2500HD. 43k miles, one owner, very well taken care of. Sorry to resurrect a year old thread, but figured I would provide resolution.
IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG
IMG_0805.JPG

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #90  
Nice front seat! I’m personally not a fan of consoles with the shift lever in a pickup. Plus, you never know when you’ll need to seat six. But, that’s just me. My kids all love them.

Last edited: