need parts

/ need parts #21  
Jim,
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Anybody out there know what the difference is between the 1064 and the 1334? I also have used the Fram PH3593A as a substitute for the 1064. I wonder if they are just a little different length. I know the 1064 is the short filter. It sounds as though the threads and seal are the same (both a "will fit").

/ need parts #22  
1064 bypass setting is 16psi and 1334 bypass setting is 8-11psi

/ need parts
EFC, do you know which PSI setting is preferred for the 1401d? thanks

/ need parts #24  
I crossed a Yanmar filter for a 1401 a long time ago and it came up Wix 51064. Wix states they exceed manufactures specs and Yanmar says their OEM filters are the only ones that work. All I know is that if the filters are 5 bucks the customer replaces them more than when they cost $20. Anything is better than the 20-year-old filter that comes on the tractor, but use at your own risk. That is my disclaimer for the day /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ need parts #25  
Hmmm...............I never have paid $20 for a Yanmar oil filter. Maybe $7.50.

/ need parts #26  
I bet using a non-Yanmar filter would void the warranty. So don't plan on sending it back to Japan for warranty repair. My bet is that oils and filters have improved over 20 years--the only question in my mind is whether diesel oil has different flow characteristics than conventional gas engine oil (and thereby would require a different filter than that meant for a honda gas engine).

/ need parts
thanks, everybody!
I visited another NAPA store and the people there were very helpful--just the opposite of my previous visit across town! I came away with fuel, air, and oil filters which all seem to match up quite well with what was on the tractor. If there really is a difference in filters, I will gladly pay a few dollars more for Yanmar, but so far, there have been no apparent problems with my tractor due to the use of Napa/Wix filters.