Backhoe Need some help with a ck20 temp gauge

/ Need some help with a ck20 temp gauge #1  

lristau 01

Hey guys thanks in advanced, here is my issue.

My temp gauge sits at zero. I have replaced the temp sender with a new one and it didn't resolve the issue. If I ground out the white wire with a black stripe the gauge goes to max hot.

When I reverse the white wire with black with the white wire with red the gauge will go to operating Temp and just stay there. When it's wired this way I can heat the sensor up and the gauge will go up and then cool back down to operating Temp but it stays there even after cooling down.

The white wire with back shows roughly 10 volts and the white with red shows 5 volts.

When I take the black ground wire off and touch it to the white wire with black it makes the gauge go max hot as well. So I am assuming the ground is working?

I hope this makes sense. I am leaning towards some kind of computer issue but have no clue.
View attachment 630022View attachment 630023View attachment 630024

/ Need some help with a ck20 temp gauge
After looking at these drawings. I am curious now if the black/red wire from the gauge itself is loose or broken. Would that make sense? If that ground wasn't working then the gauge would just sit at zero right?.