Need some help !

/ Need some help ! #1  

redrocketship

Tractor
Kubota MX5100
First off, I have at MX5100 4x4 HST that I bought new in 2013 that currently has 550hrs. The tractor had 0 issues until about 500hrs. I started noticing the trans and hydros making more noise. Around 200hrs, I changed the hydro fluid with kubota UDT2 with new filters.

So after hearing more noise, I changed the fluid again and along with all filters at 513hrs. This did not help the noise, and shortly after, I also started to notice a smell of hydro fluid every now and then when using the tractor. The fluid level is right in the middle of the sight window. I also started the noticed that the tractor started running hotter then it use to.
I have cleaned the radiator with water and compressed air, just to make sure its clear, which is was ( clean it after each use).

As its getting warmer, its running even hotter.
So today before doing some bush-hogging, I removed the thermostat all together to rule out a bad thermostat. There was a weird color on the thermostat. After it dried, it would rub off like a powder. The coolant is factory(I havent changed it) and I see no oil in it.
So while bush-hogging today it was just before the hot mark. It would normally be under the half way mark. I had to let it cool down 3 times just to get the bush-hogging done.

I see no oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil so I dont think its a head gasket. I think something with the hydro's is causing the engine to work haone rder and making it run hot but I dont know for sure.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on?
20190521_105820.jpg
20190521_085128.jpg

/ Need some help ! #2  
It could be a loose belt on your water pump making the water pump slip or it could be the water pump going out. Does your tractor have the oil cooler in front of the radiator? The radiator fan might not be pulling enough air through it. When baling hay with our M7040, the air conditioner will start to kick out before the tractor ever gets above 1/2 on the gage and I pull the screens and clean them. The only time I ever had it get any warmer than that, the belt was slipping alittle at about 3/4 rpm. On very hot days I can smell the hydro alittle after I have been running the tractor for a few hours heavy baling hay. I think the residue is from the antifreeze Kubota uses, when it dries it leaves a powder film. I had some leak from the heater hose on my rtv heater hose and it left alittle residue after it dried.
As for the noise, is it the hydrostat whine. If so it can get alittle louder when the fluid is at hot operating temperature.

/ Need some help ! #4  
Question answered on the orange forum.

Dave M7040

How do we find that forum and the answer?

By the way, the smaller BX series is notorious for getting hot (right up close to the red zone exactly like redrocketship shows above.) It happens to me with a BX2200 and to another BX2200 that I have worked on as well as others who have reported on TBN. Never quite gets to the red zone. It "always" happens when the outside air temp is hot, like 90 and above, and when mowing normal grass with the MMM. My theory has evolved to a belief that the water pumps on these tractors are too small, at least not as robust as they should be.
Skook222 above mentions a possible loose fan belt and/or loose water pump belt. I had not heard that idea before (even though it should be an obvious possibility...) so I'm anxious to look into the loose/slipping belts as a possibility.

/ Need some help ! #5