Need starter solenoid part number for a 3020

/ Need starter solenoid part number for a 3020 #1  

Longbeard

Tractor
case 480c
Hi guys. I’m trying to get a recently widowed woman’s tractor going so she can sell it. It needs a solenoid. Not many ag parts places here. I tried Napa but the kid at the counter didn’t really want to put much effort into cross referencing. He just said they don’t carry them. I’m pretty sure I got one there about 10 years ago for her husband. Maybe if I had a part number they would be more receptive. Anyone got any clues on part numbers? I’ve been looking online for some time to no avail.
Thanks

/ Need starter solenoid part number for a 3020 #2  
A John Deere dealer would be better than NAPA.
or:
Get the serial number and go to JD parts for what you think you need.
Prolly going to need to know if gas, diesel, or LP.
Also 12v or 24v system.
There is a s/n break so why may need that s/n.

Without some of the info, the "kid" at Napa didn't have much to go on.

Might be TY6690.

Last edited:
   / Need starter solenoid part number for a 3020
I gave all that info to the “kid” so he had plenty to go on just too lazy to do the footwork.
I’m trying to get this done as a favor in two days for an auction the woman is having. That’s the reason I went to Napa. It’s the only place around here that has tractor parts. No ag dealers….There isn’t enough time to order on line.
This is worth $5000 but unless people hear it running she probably won’t get $2000.

thanks for the help

/ Need starter solenoid part number for a 3020 #4  
Then you found the part # needed in JD parts?

No Deere dealers around/in DesMoines, IA ???

/ Need starter solenoid part number for a 3020 #5  
A starter solenoid? Some solenoidscome apart and you can file the contacts to make it work if the coil is good.

For the auction you can always start the tractor by turning the key to the run position and then jumping across the solenoid with a battery cable.

/ Need starter solenoid part number for a 3020 #6  
3020 factory solenoid up to sn 122,999 24 volt AR40395(DELCO-REMY NO. 1115543) or 12 volt AR68304(DELCO-REMY NO.1114264 OR 1114356)

/ Need starter solenoid part number for a 3020 #7  
A starter solenoid? Some solenoidscome apart and you can file the contacts to make it work if the coil is good.

For the auction you can always start the tractor by turning the key to the run position and then jumping across the solenoid with a battery cable.
Another engine starting option if tractor has Syncro-range trans is to tow start the engine

/ Need starter solenoid part number for a 3020 #8  
Just run by a hole in the wall starter alternator shop and point at solenoid, I need one looks like this. Or jump the solenoid and crank it at the auction. Put tape on it says runs good. Theres ways around things. I've seen engines ruined at auctions. Don't leave the key in it.

/ Need starter solenoid part number for a 3020 #9  
Maybe consider why you are going through this 2 days before the auction instead of beating up on a young person trying to do a job.
Folks that think working any parts job is easy (especially at a place like NAPA that has a massive number of offerings) are pretty much clueless.

Here's another thought. If that starter isn't an original OEM unit, getting a replacement solenoid for it may or may not fit and work. Replacement starters even from the OEM often are different from the original.