Buying Advice Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #11  
After reading your outline of the four choices my first choice would be the Kubota B2601 from the smaller dealer up the road. Second choice the Kioti, but I think you should sit yourself on each and see which you like. Both good tractors. I had a Massey scut 2310 and a predecessor to the B2601 (B2920) and they added some nice features to the new model 2601.

Yes, you will like having a BH, I traded to current B3300 for the larger BH which I use all the time. Personally I would take the cost of the MMM and put it towards a Zturn mower, just get another inexpensive rider if the Craftsman takes a dump for the one acre of grass.

So your wife thinks this is just a "phase" hmm...little does she know. More tractor stuff in your future!

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #12  
I don't have any firsthand knowledge of the tractors/models you are considering, but I think you would be happy with either brand, although Kioti seems to be making its mark for value and features. That said, I do think that size does matter. It's not so much a matter of horsepower as it is traction. I recognize that it is easy to spend other people's money, but better to spend incrementally more and be completely satisfied, than spend a bit less (but still a bunch) and wish you had a bigger tractor.

Both sizes will be nimble to use, but one will be more like a garden tractor, and the other will be more like a true compact tractor. I say Go Big and Go Orange!

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #13  
One thing to note is that Kubota will have a more refined HST transmission vs. the Kioti's. Also has much hated / much loved rocker pedal so it's really preference.

I am just curious why you did not include a Massey? No dealer close to you?

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #14  
"One thing to note is that kubota will have a more refined HST transmission vs. the Kioti's"

I did need see anyone talking about a grand l series machine. Be careful of the sudden stop syndrome of the B25d design as Paul Short youtube will show you.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #15  
"One thing to note is that kubota will have a more refined HST transmission vs. the Kioti's"

I did need see anyone talking about a grand l series machine. Be careful of the sudden stop syndrome of the B25d design as Paul Short youtube will show you.

I think a Grand L will be over kill for something less than 5 acres from the OP's post. There has been numberous revisions to the BX HST's over past 3 years or so. I am not sure even which version is the current one. But, yes, there is a lot of controversy over the BX transmission in recent years. Never heard of the larger B series having issues.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #16  
How is the Kubota trans more refined than the Kioti trans?

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #17  
IIRC, CK10 series is still using a dry clutch setup on their HST. Kubota did away with clutch on BX and B series as far a I know in recent models. It is a newer generation of HST. I think the CS Kioti has no clutch like the BX. Newer HST have safety switches vs clutch setups. A more refined statement means that Kubota has new generation of HST's vs Kioti. Not necessarily better...

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601
Wow! What a fast response. Thanks!

A couple of you mentioned Paul Short's videos and I had already seen a couple of them. He really shows what one can do with the BX25D. Impressive.

I simply had to read the comments some of you made about 'go with the wife' to my wife and she laughed. Thanks (I think).

Assuming the dealer is open tomorrow (Christmas Eve), I hope to try out a B2601 and compare it to the BX25D. Looking at the specs between the two, aside from the loader lifting weight capacity, I don't see much difference. One thing that really bugged me was looking at the turning radius numbers. On one unit, they gave it without the brake and on the other unit, with the brake. Really?

Clipse3GT: You asked why I wasn't considering a Massey. I looked and they are either small time dealers or far away. Not sure I like either of those scenarios.

Only other question I have right now is whether I can drive these things over my septic tank. The base weight is around 1600 lbs and the mower deck adds 300 more. Hmm...

Again, thanks for the quick responses. I'm impressed.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #19  
How is the Kubota trans more refined than the Kioti trans?
This has been my experience. The HST in my L Grand is vastly superior to my uncles CK25 HST. I release this isn't a fair comparison. The HST in the L3800 is still better. The CK is so bad I would rather have a geared tractor.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #20  
I think you will be fine driving over the septic tank. My lawn mower is about 1500 pounds and doesn't have any problems. My ZTR which probably has higher ground PSI then the tractor in question also does fine.