Need to come up with a "crane" to lift trusses

/ Need to come up with a "crane" to lift trusses
Thanks for all your input. The issue that I face is that this is a weekend place, so whatever I do has to be quick. I wish I had the time to build my own trusses, but time will not allow that.

Buckeyefarmer's photo looks pretty close to what I was thinking of, but I wasn't thinking of a wood pole, more like something out of steel. I like the wood though, because then I could re-purpose it once everything is finished. However, I'm certain that if steel was used that was fairly easy to work with, that there would be endless uses for it. Need to keep thinking on this.

3T's beam is pretty impressive and looks like the extreme as far as length goes. I don't think I'd want to be anywhere under that load! Cranes kill people all the time since they tend to be a balancing act.

/ Need to come up with a "crane" to lift trusses #12  
I have lost the pictures I had when we built the 70x100 coverall and putting those trusses up.
We had two 20' 2x12's set under the loader bucket with a sandwich type plating on those and securing 2x8's inside the bucket,(similar to clamp on forks)
then a chain from the far end of the long 2 by's back to the top of the bucket making a large A shaped boom.
We also had to put a spreader bar on the trusses to be able lift them without buckling, we where reaching 30 feet up to set those trusses.
The chain coming back to the high side of the bucket adds tremendously to the strength and stability of the boom.

/ Need to come up with a "crane" to lift trusses #13  
Just as others have shown, you can rig up a stinger to attach to the bucket. I rigged this one up to put a safe into my house. As was mentioned, you need to go very easy on the controls.

IMG_0049.JPG IMG_0051.JPG

/ Need to come up with a "crane" to lift trusses #14  
You could rig up something like this, only a little bigger. This is on a bx23, so a bit too small for what you have in mind.IMG_20180727_195452241.jpg

Reb,
Nice rigging, but I'm loving the view! How high are those "hills" there in Wyoming?

/ Need to come up with a "crane" to lift trusses #16  
Putting them up by hand, get the ends over the side headers, hanging the truss upside down, then rotate it up by pushing on the peak. Your peak is at 18' assuming 4/12 truss.

They arent that heavy.

I used eye bolt thru top of pole, and bolted bottom to my pallet fork frame.

/ Need to come up with a "crane" to lift trusses #17  
I've built 2 building for myself, both 30' wide and 10' + ceilings and used one of these machines I rented locally. Once all the trusses were set and braced one person worked out of the bucket on the end of the building lining up roof purlins and I worked across the trusses nailing them on. Also used it to trim out a few pesky tree branches while I had it at my place, I think it was $200 for the day or something like that.
TZ-5 Trailer Mounted Z-Booms

/ Need to come up with a "crane" to lift trusses #18  
Reb,
Nice rigging, but I'm loving the view! How high are those "hills" there in Wyoming?

The picture was taken at 6400 feet, the hills you can see in the background go up to about 9500 feet but behind those are some over 10,000 feet.

I sold that place 2 years ago but I sure do miss it. I spent a lot of time in those hills.

My roof is a 12 pitch attic truss so I get a lot of attic storage above (13'8" x 28' with 8 foot ceiling).

Do the locals call them mountains, or hills? 9500 is a serious mountain.

/ Need to come up with a "crane" to lift trusses #20  
My roof is a 12 pitch attic truss so I get a lot of attic storage above (13'8" x 28' with 8 foot ceiling).

Do the locals call them mountains, or hills? 9500 is a serious mountain.
That will make it a lot taller, and heavier.