Needed bigger FEL

/ Needed bigger FEL #11  
I'm not a horse guy, so I'm not sure, but when you muck out the stalls, do you muck by hand and load the bucket with shovels, or do you use the FEL to scoop up the poop? I guess it depends on the barn construction.

If scooping at all, I'd want a dedicated light materials bucket. If loading by hand, another member made a basket with steel framing and rubber belting. Made one for the front and one for the rear 3pt hitch.

/ Needed bigger FEL #12  
If loading by hand i’d say build something out of whatever you have an dont overthink it.. If scraping you have to be a lot more deliberate to build and operate something in a way that won’t damage it. If looking to build a dedicated bucket add ‘litter bucket’ to your search terms to go with ‘snow bucket’ and ‘light materials bucket’. 👍

/ Needed bigger FEL
It ain't pretty, but gets the job done. Kinda like me...
IMG_6436.jpg
IMG_6434.jpg

/ Needed bigger FEL #14  
would a high capacity snow / mulch bucket work for you?
if your material is light enough about 2X capacity or so of a regular bucket by volume (not weight)

1678753456496.png

/ Needed bigger FEL #15  
You could get a skid steer bucket although you’d want a light duty one. This one is too heavy for the Kubota to even lift.
IMG_2523.JPG

/ Needed bigger FEL #16  
I keep thinking it would be easy to make a plywood insert that fit into the standard bucket but was much longer in the forward and the forward+upward directions. Every fall we wind up with huge piles of leaves to pull out of cul-de-sacs, and I bet the biggest don't weigh more than maybe 200 lbs.
That's exactly what I did to pick up leafs piles and chips. Piece of plywood inside the bucket extended by about 3' and sides. Can use it to pick up light material like normal bucket. Cheap and easy on/off

/ Needed bigger FEL #17  
Piece of plywood inside the bucket extended by about 3' [...]
Any chance you could post a picture?

Our grandson is going to help us with leaves today and I sure wish I had a giant bucket for moving the piles accumulated in our parking area. I got my neck worked on again and I'm not allowed to lift over 10 lbs, which severely limits what I can do, but I can tractor around.

/ Needed bigger FEL #18  
Any chance you could post a picture?

Our grandson is going to help us with leaves today and I sure wish I had a giant bucket for moving the piles accumulated in our parking area. I got my neck worked on again and I'm not allowed to lift over 10 lbs, which severely limits what I can do, but I can tractor around.
Sorry... still got snow on the ground. I'll do it later when start cleaning up the the yard

/ Needed bigger FEL #19  
If you got a chain link fence panel or gate you could make a temporary leaf-hauling platform up front pretty easy with that.

/ Needed bigger FEL #20  
Yesterday the neck brace officially came off and I can drive again, which is a huge relief because I actually can't walk to any businesses other than a couple convenience stores. And drive I did! But I discovered a mountain of leaves under and around my car, such that the exhaust system is snugly nestled in a cozy pile of kindling where I normally park.

But I still can't lift more than 10 lbs.

BOY do I wish I had that plywood extension I've thought about! Though, I doubt I could make it weigh less than 10 lbs. I guess I wish I had an enormous bucket for light loads, and someplace to store it, and while we're at it, I wish I had a power drive for the SSQA latching levers, which I also can't work for the foreseeable future.

Just to share in the humor, part of the original intent of getting a tractor with a FEL was to avoid lifting with my older back.